Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cunparis

Making My Own Tape Tweet

I'd like to make my own tape tweet. I really like tapetweet.com but I have several reasons for making my own:

- they don't have it for the markets I trade

- I want something visual too

- I'd like to see it historically if possible

I'm curious how they're doing it. I've been trying to figure it out but not having much luck. If anyone has any ideas please share.

cunparis,

What platform are you on?

Are you asking how they play the 'tweets'? or

Are you asking what their logic is for popping, etc.?

zdo

cunparis,

What platform are you on?

Are you asking how they play the 'tweets'? or

Are you asking what their logic is for popping, etc.?

zdo

Ninja & Tradestation.

I'm asking about the popping/cricket sounds. Curious what they're based on.

... the popping/cricket sounds. Curious what they're based on.

Again - are you asking how to make the sounds or the logic they are using to trigger them?

If you're asking how to make the sounds - dll's and wavefile templates are available in TS forum

If you're asking about the logic -

My impressions of it (and it's been a while since I was on ) is it's simply a directional and lagging* 'pace of tape'

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/pace-tape-measure-trade-intensity-detect-7917.html

(*the lagging could be from iLatency or from a higher threshold filter... never found out)

Best way to see it 'historically' would be to ADE it...

... I have some (slightly more complex) ideas re one of these. However, to implement one, I would almost certainly have to get programmer involved - so can't participate in an 'open' project. If you (and / or a couple others who are into EL development) want to make a project of this, PM me...

sorry it wasn't clear, i'm talking about the logic to determine when to send the alert. The sound I can do.

I am comparing it to my pace of tape indicator and it seems to be different so I'm curious. I don't need to make mine exactly the same I'm just looking for ideas that I can try.

I'm a programmer so if you have good ideas I don't mind programming them. I don't mind keeping it private.

Interesting. First time I've come across this tape tweet site. It seems familiar to Ensign Windows setting 'Beeb on Each Tick' - which, after comparing the two seems to be faster than the web site - but that could just be the internet I guess?....

Interesting. First time I've come across this tape tweet site. It seems familiar to Ensign Windows setting 'Beeb on Each Tick' - which, after comparing the two seems to be faster than the web site - but that could just be the internet I guess?....

TapeTweet doesn't beep on each tick. It starts beeping where there is movement. There is a criteria for it, I'm not sure what it is. I like it cause if I'm reading or surfing the web and I hear it then I know to glance over at my charts. ;)

cunparis, i only watched it the last minutes on ES,

but couldnt it be easy something like this on a 1 minute chart

input : ESsize (20);

if high >= highest (high,3) and tradesize at ask>=ESsize then beep/alert

if low<= lowest(low,3) and tradesize at bid>=ESsize then beep/alert

?

i am sure that htey dont use a complicated tick/volume chart.

TapeTweet doesn't beep on each tick. It starts beeping where there is movement. There is a criteria for it, I'm not sure what it is. I like it cause if I'm reading or surfing the web and I hear it then I know to glance over at my charts. ;)

I thought it beeps when price is higher than previous bar's high...

try it with a small size CVB chart (say, 2000 crt)... you will see/hear it.

I thought it beeps when price is higher than previous bar's high...

try it with a small size CVB chart (say, 2000 crt)... you will see/hear it.

Tams, that was not my impression of it - however they may have changed it since I was last on.

Will check it out...

cunparis, et al

Let's put together and publish a generic template for one of these in EL first. Then from that foundation, we all can develop and or collaborate.

Find attached picture of what may (or may not) be a facsimile of ...tweet.ocm logic

It is based on very simple O C algo that can be used anywhere (even fx)

I'm quite sure this is more crude than what they are doing but it is more likely to start sounds when they do than PaceOfTape (in haste and error I likened tweet to PaceOfTape yesterday - wrong)

This way may actually be way off and totally bogus ... it’s just a guess at the simplest generic solution (ie different from the ideas discussed yesterday) so at least we'd have a functional template going...

'noises' start outside the lines and intensify with bar height... it's not letting me post attachments right now ?? so will post picture later

Cunparis, are you using OctalSound20.dll. a PlaySound Replacement DLL

"...TradeStation’s PlaySound has a small performance issue. Each time a sound is played it reads the sound from your hard drive and plays the sound. So we wrote a DLL which would load a sound into memory from the hard drive once and play the sound from memory each time requested thus saving lots of hard drive reads over a day. "

Thread discussing the issue:

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=59310

and file at

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Result=1&Topic_ID=95248

Edited by zdo
add link