Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thalestrader

The Race

Thales, or anyone in the know,

Has an event like this ever happened in forumville. I mean, with posting statements and third party verification and all. I've only been around trading forums for less than two years, but I have never witnessed anything close. Seems to be a lot of dogs with a big bark, but no bite. Just curious. Anyway, I am nearing intoxication so I will power down. Have a good weekend.

Hi folks,

Sorry for the late post, but it has been a busy weekend capping off a busy week. I thought I had everyone, but I could not find amswak's ending balance, so though I know he was down for the week, I do not have a figure.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21015&stc=1&d=1274046934

A reminder for all Race participants - you must PM your ending equity to me by noon on Sunday to be included in the weekly summary.

I'll likely not have time to trade my sessions this week, but should I trade, I will post an update per the rules. Also, I will likely fuel up a $500 fxcm micro account so as to be able to trade the EJ during Tokyo AM session.

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa71005d26ba_2010-05-16TheRace-WeekThree1.jpg.6d4d9dfc7793258181f8fd0b6da34619.jpg

Hey Thales,

Just an idea as I think I have seen you mention that you have an IB account. Why not use a small sub-account as your EJ entry rather than go through the FXCM micro account? I'm not sure if you thought of that, or if you did, I'm curious why it was decided against.

With kind regards,

MK

Hey Thales,

Just an idea as I think I have seen you mention that you have an IB account. Why not use a small sub-account as your EJ entry rather than go through the FXCM micro account? I'm not sure if you thought of that, or if you did, I'm curious why it was decided against.

With kind regards,

MK

Hi MidK,

I like your idea, and I had considered doing just that, but at least initially, for a contest of this sort, IB's margin requirements would be prohibitive. Now, if I worked up to about 50K in trading capital, then I'd probably transfer the funds from FXCM and into an IB sub account as you suggest. But at 40:1 max (a very sound level, by the way) I think I'd be just spinning my wheels with the EJ, and I'd then prefer just to wait until my schedule allows me to resume my normal trading schedule.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21016&stc=1&d=1274052861

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa71005d5bfc_IBForexMargin1.jpg.4672aefe38437ee61369d2ebca8fc3aa.jpg

Well Gents,

Just got a call and I will be heading to Beijing in the AM. Seems to be that Beijing China Steel is trying to up the previously negotiated price. I expect to still be trading, though I may miss a few. Good luck to all this week.

Just a quick note. Now that I am the frontrunner, I intend to keep the honors throughout. If someone else tee's it up first at some point along this journey, then I will tip my hat in sincere congratulations. Otherwise, there will be a party waiting for you all at the finish line.

party.gif

Hi folks,

Sorry for the late post, but it has been a busy weekend capping off a busy week. I thought I had everyone, but I could not find amswak's ending balance, so though I know he was down for the week, I do not have a figure.

Ah, right, forgot about the end-of-week balance. Sorry, it was very long week. I ended the week at $399.66. I will have to add $100 to meet margin requirements and get back in the game. I'll post the new balance after I do that.

On the upside, I thought I would be unable to trade this week due to work travel, but my plans literally went up in smoke last week so I will be around to trade...

-Hunter

fxThunder... Hurry and make another trader to change that ending balance... could mean you'll be at 1200 or so in no time..

I actually just realised what my ending balance is. Have shut down all my trading platforms for the day so another trade will have to wait for tomorrow.

Cheers,

fxT.

Attached are trades from 5/18. The two images overlap by one row for continuity.

Thales,

I just want to express my appreciation for your efforts in getting this event going, as well as the admin work of keeping it running. I think this was a great idea, and expect it will be fun and an interesting learning experience both for participants and onlookers.

Please note that I added funds ($980.70) to my account on 5/18, bringing the total funded amount to $1961.40.

Regards,

FX Cowboy

TL127.thumb.jpg.1889b13463bce85be44fe14c774c3ddc.jpg

TL128.thumb.jpg.a131b25aa04afd1b2c6567e2306d0ad0.jpg