Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thalestrader

The Race

Dude, its just a flesh wound.

Will you guys consider extending the projected end date?

I think I'll be willing to keep slugging away so long as no one has hit the million dollar mark, so while I do think it may be possible for someone to get there in twenty weeks, I think odds favor an extension.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I enjoy the race aspect, but for me I will keep on going to a mil no matter if the race ends or not. Over the years I have seen numerous threads that one needs 5K, 20K, or 50K to start trading. I would like myself and others to prove that false. I am posted as starting the Race at $941, but the week before I only had about $620 in this account, so perhaps it could be an event that helps others to think a bit differently. At the same time, I could blow this out and be forced to posting to this site through a proxy.

I, too, will keep doing this until I succeed. I enjoy the challenge and, as crazy as it sounds, turning $1k to $1mil isn't even my most ambitious or seemingly impossible life goal...

And how appropriate. With my 150th post, and now a certified "Premium Member", I would just like to say......

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. 4205.gif

I have commented before that I may fund a MB trading account with $3000 and trade for "the race" from that account. After having tested MB I have in fact decided to make that account my main trading account and will keep on trading the FXCM account in the race.

A comment on my strategy, I did go down a timeframe last week to try and capture more trades - this did not do my cause any good however. I will (hopefully) grow this account a little more and then just up size with my regular trading strategy to see how close I can get to the million dollar mark.

All things being equal I may continue trading this account here should the 20 week period lapse and the target not have been reached. It may just prove to all the naysayers just what can really be done with a small account.

My daily statement also included herewith. Following my standard conservative strategy (with last weeks unneccesary losses also accounted for) this little account is now up by more or less 30% in 3 weeks. It can be done....

Cheers,

fxT

5aa710053c16f_13May2010.thumb.png.bf236d2ec32be70530bb965c76e155d6.png

Guys i'm going to have to withdraw. I've just accepted a position at a prop firm in Chicago and will be very busy packing, relocating, and then trading new methods at the firm.

I am sorry I wasn't able to give you all a run for your money but I wish you all the best of luck!

Guys i'm going to have to withdraw. I've just accepted a position at a prop firm in Chicago and will be very busy packing, relocating, and then trading new methods at the firm.

I am sorry I wasn't able to give you all a run for your money but I wish you all the best of luck!

Best of luck with your new job man!

Very cool! Good luck!!

Hey Guys,

I realize I'm starting a little late, but I'm in too. Attached is a screen shot of my beginning balance, which I intend to top up to (just below) $3,000 over the next few days. This should get me started though.

I'm looking forward to the coming 18 weeks!

Regards,

FX Cowboy

TL123.jpg.cd4bc2bdf10dbc48a90365ae9da75cc5.jpg

Thales,

Just a thought, and I don't really care either way. But, with a few dropouts and a bunch more entering the race, perhaps we could make the race 25-30 weeks or so. Yes, I'll admit that I have been slow out of the gate, but that is not my reason. Everyone here is under 3k in equity, so let the new kids have a shot. This thread will really get going when people are trading more than a single contract, should be fun. Anyway, I'm cool either way.

I am leaving for a vacation. This account has lost about 2k since the beginning :doh: of the race.

When I come back hopefully I will trade this account with confidence and patience, both of which I lacked so far.

Chris

may14.PNG.6b1c009e1bafe3e10c6c5956c2c6923a.PNG

Thales,

Just a thought, and I don't really care either way. But, with a few dropouts and a bunch more entering the race, perhaps we could make the race 25-30 weeks or so. Yes, I'll admit that I have been slow out of the gate, but that is not my reason. Everyone here is under 3k in equity, so let the new kids have a shot. This thread will really get going when people are trading more than a single contract, should be fun. Anyway, I'm cool either way.

I am also okay either way - it will take a bit of time to get the momo going....

cheers,

fxt

Tried posting this last night, but TL was down ...

Just a thought, and I don't really care either way. But, with a few dropouts and a bunch more entering the race, perhaps we could make the race 25-30 weeks or so.... Everyone here is under 3k in equity, so let the new kids have a shot...

I'm fine with that, Sicko. I have said from the beginning that anyone can join in at anytime. I'll likely need more time myself, as I am now booked solid with work through June 3. My business is now overbooked, but I am also understaffed due to the recession. While I'd love to hire another technician or two more, I am hesitant to do so as I do not want to hire someone just to find I have to let the him or her go six months from now. If this recovery looks like it is going to stick, I'll staff up, but for now, I'm back in the trenches, so my trading is on hold.

I have been watching the Tokyo AM session, but there just has not been anything there based on the system I am using in this small account with respect to the 6E, and even the 6J has not yielded much by the way of opportunity during those few hours. The 6A has done some moving, but I hesitate to try day trading a contract that I have always used for swing trades. The one thing that has been moving is my daughter's beloved EURJPY. We have two FXCM micro accounts, one that she trades, and one that she and I had done some things in last year. Perhaps, if there are no objections, I could fund that account and at least trade the EJ while I am unable to trade the NY AM. The only other choice I have would be to get up at 2 AM and trade Frankfurt/London. But I like sleeping, and do not like exhaustion. If I were to add the micro account, I would count each account as a separate entry. How's that sound?

Also, we have a Girl Scout event at Dorney Park tomorrow, so while I have all the numbers in, I will still not be able to get the weekly summary updated and posted until Sunday.

As it stands, Daedalus has formally withdrawn, and Enoch and ADarkerRattling Me are assumed to have withdrawn by their silence.

Additions include Attila and fxCowboy. If I am missing anyone, please PM me, and I will be sure to get you included in The Race's roster.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Tried posting this last night, but TL was down ...

.... The one thing that has been moving is my daughter's beloved EURJPY. We have two FXCM micro accounts, one that she trades, and one that she and I had done some things in last year. Perhaps, if there are no objections, I could fund that account and at least trade the EJ while I am unable to trade the NY AM. The only other choice I have would be to get up at 2 AM and trade Frankfurt/London. But I like sleeping, and do not like exhaustion. If I were to add the micro account, I would count each account as a separate entry. How's that sound?.....

all good with me...

cheers,

fxT