Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GhostofLivermore

Using EFT to Overcome Trading Issues

I used EFT with several groups of traders (about 20 in each group). I taught them the technique and then practiced it with the group using the emotional issues that they were experiencing as the target of treatment.I found that they felt more positive and hopeful about their ability to at the end of the session (about one hour). Several of them continued to use the technique on a daily basis for a while and reported that they felt it helped their trading. However, I didn't see any real evidence that the technique resolved the emotional issues associated with trading. But to be fair, this wasn't a controlled study and I didn't do any formal follow-up with these traders.

If you decide to try EFT, please let us know what your experience is. Thanks.

I found EFT style tapping to be very good for fear of heights when I went up the Eiffel Tower. But I too am not convinced that its all that effective with trading. The issue is that it can reduce the emotional impact but doesn't address the thoughts or actions that create it.

Perhaps if targeted well or teamed with a cognitive approach?

All (well not really ALL but mainly all) those points do is help reset / restore ‘peptide’ balance

… and they do a good job of it. (btw Some have to locate alternative accu points to get good results.)

…and that resetting alone is an incredibility important aspect for many - at certain points along the way.

I personally credit persisting in EFT in helping me through some pretty tough times and then, much more importantly, in being a major part of laying the groundwork and preparing me for some really wonderful energetic ‘awakenings’ via other modalities.

The keyword of this whole post is ‘persisting’ – not just going for ‘feel better now’

Don’t settle! Steve Wells wrote on this at Using EFT to Create Positive Change: Moving Beyond the Remedial Level

If I remember correctly, he also wrote article(s) about working with a trader…hth

All the best,

zdo