Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

daedalus

Range Bar Errors in OEC?

Ok, so can anyone tell me why no Doji's show up using the momentum bars on some of the markets (NQ/YM/RLM) but they appear on other markets changing no setting (6A,B,C,E) etc.?

By that I mean bars where the entire thing is a wick and the Open = Close.

Anyone?

Yea you can't import any settings from 3.4 which sucks, and for some reason the "Save as Default" checkbox for indicator settings has no effect. If you remove the indicator from the workspace and re-insert none of the settings are saved.

Bummer!!, That something else, I’ve tried hard to get my settings working without success .

I’m stuck with that new range type and can’t get the 3.5 working

Ok, so can anyone tell me why no Doji's show up using the momentum bars on some of the markets (NQ/YM/RLM) but they appear on other markets changing no setting (6A,B,C,E) etc.?

By that I mean bars where the entire thing is a wick and the Open = Close.

Anyone?

If you are accustomed with the convectional range bar we have been using so far, I suggest do not touch the new type as it is crap. It hasn’t been tested and show sign of weakness.

That new range is not showing the real price action we are looking for, as displaying multitude of same range bar, producing noise and fragmentation of your indicators and volume.....

attachment.php?attachmentid=20862&stc=1&d=1272857213

ES-OEC-rangebar.thumb.PNG.5b5557b83893e5f4734dd54c73000227.PNG

Edited by Trendup_

Monday morning with 3.5.0.9 (live)

so far things are looking pretty good;

the new Mbars are working fine with the ZB at least,

charts settings held from last night,

default settings are holding for indicators,

custom indicators came thru from 3.4.0.8 (think it was by importing a Layout)

fingers crossed . . . :-)

The last info I have is

No more releases will be offered for version 3.4. We will be asking all users to migrate to version 3.5 later this year. Version 3.5.0.9 offers two range bar implementations: range bars with no price gaps between and close of prior bar and open of current and the "momentum" range bars.

This forum thread is important, I would like to thank deadalus for starting it and other contributors especially browsfan (for is intervention), without the desire to improve the platform, listening the genuine concern and constructive criticisms of users we would have be left with only one option (the bad one (IMHO).

The thread ‘3.5 bug log…’ has the same spirit, go for the better not the opposite.

Please report your concerns, bugs, complains etc… I’m sure the result will be positive for all.

OEC platform has the potential to be one of the best with your help.

I will not go elsewhere; I want to be part of the berth.