Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Sounds for Alerts

I use this free sound recorder from cnet downloads

Free Sound Recorder - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

It is great and very simple to use.

Play a track in the background on your computer, ipod, radio, anything, then play the voice at the same time and record the two together. You can place a mic in front of the speaker for simplicity and record the two sounds simultaneously.

note: if you place commas, spaces, or periods to the voice simulator you can slow words, or letters. Sometimes play with the spelling of the word and it actually sounds better. Example: ( I didnt try this one, just an example ) beecaws instead of because. This gives you the idea but you can make a word stand out better by this approach.

Play with the timing of the background and voice before you record. Then make some practice recordings till you get it down. Have fun with it.

This is the cheap and easy way of editing.

Greater detail you can run the background and voice into an mixer and give effects to the sounds and then edit them but that is a little more time involved and not really necessary.

Edited by TIKITRADER

you went wild... LOL... someone forgotten to lock the cage!

Yeah, I want it specific to each market so I know by the alert what chart needs pulled up. And the only way I can think of to do that is make a wav for each one.

I could assign a specific beep to each market and then train myself to know what beep corresponds to what market, but that seems like a lot of work. ;)

Did some testing on the OEC platform w/ my wav files. They work, but not exactly how I want them at this point. In the platform there is a repetitive or reminder feature on the alerts but those are not working the way I envisioned using them.

So I'll need to create 1 wav file that is long and repeats w/in itself vs. telling the platform to repeat the alert.

I need to do 2 things:

1) Make a long wav file where the voice is repeated along with some sounds added to it as tiki did.

2) If possible, make the voice sound louder. I am running this on a computer that I also run a music stream from and the voice was overpowered by the music. So I'll need to play with audacity to see if I can increase that volume and/or look at the sound card settings to see if there's anything I can adjust in there.

I was on audacity's site and looks like you can take 2 wav files and combine them into 1 if I was reading it right. From there I'll just need to add the voice wav file a couple times. We'll see... if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Did some testing on the OEC platform w/ my wav files. They work, but not exactly how I want them at this point. In the platform there is a repetitive or reminder feature on the alerts but those are not working the way I envisioned using them.

So I'll need to create 1 wav file that is long and repeats w/in itself vs. telling the platform to repeat the alert.

I need to do 2 things:

1) Make a long wav file where the voice is repeated along with some sounds added to it as tiki did.

2) If possible, make the voice sound louder. I am running this on a computer that I also run a music stream from and the voice was overpowered by the music. So I'll need to play with audacity to see if I can increase that volume and/or look at the sound card settings to see if there's anything I can adjust in there.

I was on audacity's site and looks like you can take 2 wav files and combine them into 1 if I was reading it right. From there I'll just need to add the voice wav file a couple times. We'll see... if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

You can do that very easily in Audacity. If you download it, spend a little time to get familiar with it, and you'll be able to get exactly what you want.

Anyone able to help me with how to use custom aleart sounds in ninjatrader?

I dont know a thing about coding but it 'seemed' obvious, although isn't working.

I saved a wav file with a sound i want to use. I saved it in c: ninjatrader/sounds as suggested by ninjatrader, and called it 'customesound1'

I then went into the code of the indicator and replaced 'alert1' that was already there with 'customsound1'

However, nothing has actually happened. It still plays the old sound/???

thanks

EDIT: Turned ninja off and then on again, and its working now :)

Edited by subterfuge

Does anyone know how i can have different audio's for different instruments but with effectively using the same indicator?

Basically I have an indicator, and ive finally ben able to add an audio alert, and then 'customized' that audio alert to say 'buy' or 'sel' (rather than the standard ninjatrdxer audios)

However, What i want is for it to be able to specify what instrument it is referring to.

Knowing nothing about programming etc, I went into the code, copied it, built a new indicator(by pasting in the code) and then changed the audio alert from 'buy' to 'buy cable'(already copied to my ninjatrader sound files), but got an error, I guess something to do with using the same code?? How do I get around it? I basically want 6 of the same indicators, but each one with a different audio alarm>>??

Here's what I got so far for anyone interested:

x1 (original - low volume) - sound level taken directly from the website, word/symbol said 1 time

x1 (higher volume) - sound level turned up, said 1 time

x2 (higher volume) - sound level turned up, said 2 times

I was thinking of adding some sounds and stuff to them but I think that will just get in the way for what I need. I need these to go off, get my attention and tell me what market to be looking at. I also need them to fire off fairly quickly b/c it's very possible for multiple alerts to go off simultaneously.

Each zip file has 26 files, which are used on the markets that I trade. Some are symbols, some are the actual words. I'm happy w/ all them except oil. I could not figure out a way to craft the word oil in a way that sounded more natural. If anyone can come up with a better way to phonetically spell oil, please let me know. Using this site: AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech: Demo

x1 (original - low volume).zip

x1 (higher volume).zip

X2 (higher volume).zip

I'm happy w/ all them except oil. I could not figure out a way to craft the word oil in a way that sounded more natural. If anyone can come up with a better way to phonetically spell oil, please let me know.

any luck with this ?

did you try . . .

oyyell

oy yell

oiyell

oi yel

oyyull

tried different things out. sounds ok on some. adding spaces or comma can help change a word.

you can always go with Crude. hahah

attached one sample. needs a filter, but the idea of using a comma or space controls her voice. this was an old sample and oil is not in this.

O.wav