Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Sounds for Alerts

I was looking to add a few more sound alerts to my OEC charts and thought I'd see what sounds others use on their charts. If you use audible alerts, what are they? Depending on the file format, you might be able to upload into this thread for others to use. Right now I've just got your standard windows beeps/sounds, but was looking to broaden that up a bit. Ideally I'd like an alert that says 'NQ in play' or something along those lines and then specify each individual market so when the alert goes off, it's not a general alert, it will alert me to the specific chart to reference.

Anyone got any good wavs that they can share?

Anyone know how to build custom wavs that sound good?

Thanks!

Anyone know how to build custom wavs that sound good?

Thanks!

Windows comes with a sound recording program.

you can record your own voice...

there are a number sound recording programs you can download for free from the web.

Funny, I was just messing with this the other day. i have a few mario bros wave files. I was thinking of putting the "game over" sound in place of the "stop filled" etc

I'm not really sure how to do it though. If anyone does this let me know! I would love to know how.

Funny, I was just messing with this the other day. i have a few mario bros wave files. I was thinking of putting the "game over" sound in place of the "stop filled" etc

I'm not really sure how to do it though. If anyone does this let me know! I would love to know how.

That part is easy in OEC trader. You just select the wav file you want when you create the alert.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14277&stc=1&d=1255623449

TL1.png.2095f63ea7ffc03e206518e59a505aed.png

Windows comes with a sound recording program.

you can record your own voice...

there are a number sound recording programs you can download for free from the web.

I really don't want to hear my own voice. That would be kinda weird - like my future self telling my current self about a trade setup. ;)

I really don't want to hear my own voice. That would be kinda weird - like my future self telling my current self about a trade setup. ;)

you can always ask your wife/GF to breathe hard into the mic.

get a text-to-speech program...

there are free samples on the web

it might sound robotic... LOL

I'm ok w/ that depending on how it sounds. Do you know of any programs in particular to check out? Yes, I can google it, but I'm asking if you know of any particular ones.

I'm ok w/ that depending on how it sounds. Do you know of any programs in particular to check out? Yes, I can google it, but I'm asking if you know of any particular ones.

there are quite a few renditions available, ever since Microsoft included the engine in the Windows OS, it has become quite easy to create these type of programs. This is all part of MS's AI initiative.

I have tried a few, but that was a long time ago... I don't have a name to recommend. You can check out the reviews and user ratings at Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I usually sample clips from a movie or song and chop them up in a wav editor and upload them. I have way too many to post here and I'm always changing them out just for fun. If anyone has a particular clip they would like sampled, I could probably do it or show you how if you don't already know.

I think the best way to do this would be to record yourself using any kind of recorder, and then manipulate the recording with something like SPEAR or Audacity (both free). You can definitely make your voice sound FAR from human using either of those programs. Audacity is pretty easy to use. SPEAR can take a long time to learn, but you can still make cool sounds with it without knowing what you're doing.

So I poked around the internet, downloaded some freeware and the best sounding voices were: AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech: Demo

You can tell they are robotic in nature, which is fine with me, but also you can understand what the voice is saying.

Attached is my first go at this and all I did was make a file that says the market symbol. That's it (for now). I'll need to learn how to add sound to this -- is that done through audacity or another program? Maybe tiki or tams will know.

I plan to use these on the alerts I make for OEC trader and have them repeat a few times since the audio part is very small at this point.

ESv1.wav

GCLv1.wav

GGCv1.wav

MINI GOLDv1.wav

MINI GOLDv1a.wav

NQv1.wav

NSEAv1.wav

YMv1.wav

ZBv1.wav

ZFv1.wav

ZNv1.wav

ZSv1.wav