Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

nab999

Is This Possible

Hi Giys,

As you can see from the attached screenshot and TS 8.6 workspace, I have a 1 period xma of data 1 with no axis (green) and the same for data2 (red)

What I am looking for is a histogram indicator that will show a histogram in Red, above a zero line if the green average is above the red average, will show Green if the red average is above the green average and below the zero line, will also plot the difference between the 2 averages and will show a zero line where both averages are the same.

I have tried many times but it never works, no doubt due to my very limited EA abilities.

If someone could code this up for me I would be very grateful.

Regards, Neil.

5aa70f1b353e3_TSScreenshot.thumb.gif.ac18e3d8d4eb05ce0ccbc969009dd09f.gif

A Neil Ind Req.zip

this is very simple to do nab999

I can't see your code so just assume this is 10 and 20 sma crossover and you can convert it as you see fit.....

value1=average(c, 10)-average(c,20);

condition1=average(c, 10)>average(c,20);

condition2=average(c, 10)<average(c,20);

plot1(value1,"MovAvgX");

plot2(0,"ZeroLine");

if condition1 then

setplotcolor(1,green);

if condition2 then

setplotcolor(1,red);

Hi,

I tried this and similar but it does not work, this is because the first average is a moving average of data1 the second is a moving average of data2, but.... they are both plotted in subgraph 3 WITH NO AXIS and this is where I have the problem.

I have a 1 period xma

Hi Neil,

What is an Xma?

I am confused :confused: somehow,

maybe because of the 1 period.

Or stands x just for exponential?

Well why not an SMA for a period like 1?

Regards,

Hal

Hi, they are both 1 period exponential moving averages to simulate the close of data1 and data2. They are then plotted in subgraph 3 with NO AXIS. The reason for this is that I can not just use averages of data1 and data2, because they have prices set to their axis.

I tried setting data1 and data2 to no axis and then plot a histogram of them both, but the histogram does not cross over when the lines cross over.

Many thanks.

Hi nab,

I am not completely sure, if I understand your problem correctly.

But as far as I understand it, the histogram should show the difference

between the red and the green line as on your posted chart.

But these two lines are still just showing the closes of data1 and data2.

So the difference is a difference in price.

The red and the green line seem to be scaled within the subplot,

based on the highest and lowest price visible.

So as time goes by, highest and lowest prices will change,

and therefore the scaling changes,

and therefore their relative distance changes,

and even their crossings might change.

So, what I think is, that your problem is within your concept.

Maybe you post a chart with lines and histogram,

and maybe best your source code too.

Otherwise, its somehow just guessing.

Regards,

Hal

Edited by HAL9000

Hi Giys,

As you can see from the attached screenshot and TS 8.6 workspace, I have a 1 period xma of data 1 with no axis (green) and the same for data2 (red)

What I am looking for is a histogram indicator that will show a histogram in Red, above a zero line if the green average is above the red average, will show Green if the red average is above the green average and below the zero line, will also plot the difference between the 2 averages and will show a zero line where both averages are the same.

I have tried many times but it never works, no doubt due to my very limited EA abilities.

If someone could code this up for me I would be very grateful.

Regards, Neil.

Isn't that just a MACD with XMA's instead of SMA's?

Hi Hal,

Thank you for the reply.

You are correct, the red and green lines have no axis and so are just set in subgraph 3.

What I am looking for is an easier way to view this action. i.e. if the red and green lines are the same point, then a 0.00 line would be plotted at the centre of subgraph 4.

From this point onwards, the histogram would plot the difference, i.e. point by point move of each of the lines, until they touch again, when the histo would be reset back to 0 and start plotting again.

So as such, it would be like a histo of a spread difference, which will reset to 0.00 each time the lines touch.