Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

PeterBrazel

MA Slope

I have coded this crude attempt at an MA that changes colours according to the slope. I have merely provided an input for a lookback period and compared the increase/decrease in readings to change the color. Surprisingly it works out better than I expected but I would like more from the indicator.

I am not a mathemetician but thought that somebody out there may either have come across something or could suggest a better means of calculating the slope. The critical issue is when the MA becomes flat. I have set this indicator to provide flat plus two strengths for both up and down.

Any suggestions?

5aa70f0fd0e8e_MAColor.thumb.png.cf146f7f3a2d5c20037a5cc048bbffd2.png

Attached is the output from using just the BB's as suggested. It is very sensitive and looks good so far as it goes but I will need to add some further conditions to improve it.

The BB idea is a great start. Price above Cyan or yellow looks good for long. Price below magenta or yellow for short looks good.

I will play around with it some more as soon as I get the time and will post the end result if there is any interest.

Thanks

pbMABB.thumb.png.97ad74d77dc1bde8ae40b404f453bc2d.png