Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

emptyvault

Entry and Exit Stratgy in MC

Hell , a novice question here .

I browsed through the power language editor and the manual (it is still a pdf manual of version 3.0 , am I wrong ?). The entry and exit code of each strategy seems separated . Is that mean the entry and exit code must be wrote in separated 2 code and apply to the same chart to get a full trading system test result ?

If it is , then will the trailing stop and money management be more difficult to be done ? As I would like test some rules of mine that maybe base on somethings base on the entry bar . Such as time , or bars after , number of times which it cross down a short time moving average again...

All these are to be count from the entry signal bar .

Or should I copy the same code again to the exit code again but just take out the "buy" statement ? :confused:

Thanks .

those codes are for educational purpose only.

they do not have to be in separate files;

they are in separate strategies so that you can understand the operations one by one.

thanks for replying .

So that means I can write a single system/strategy that can combine all my thinking in it ? Forgive me to say . The manual of MC is really really suck ! A novice can only read some books about TS easylanguage but seems there are a lot of things that are not that compatible .

thanks for replying .

So that means I can write a single system/strategy that can combine all my thinking in it ? Forgive me to say . The manual of MC is really really suck ! A novice can only read some books about TS easylanguage but seems there are a lot of things that are not that compatible .

There is no MC manual, so it cannot be "suck".

The TS manual are excellent. They are used by thousands of traders around the World.

I learned from the same manuals; I don't think they would make an exception to you.

Unless you are using a pirated copy of TS, or old TS code, 99% of the code should be compatible.

(With old TS code, even the current TS is not compatible.)

For advanced programming, may I suggest...

Building Winning Trading Systems with TradeStation

by George Pruitt & John R. Hill

"When you code (slang for writing your ideas into a programming language) an analysis technique, you are directing the computer to follow your instructions to..."

Key Phrases: buy next bar, buytocover next bar, certain price stop, Futures Truth, Super Combo, Dynamic Break Out ...

51JF48982DL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Amazon.com: Building Winning Trading Systems with TradeStation (9780471215691): George Pruitt, John R. Hill: Books

Edited by Tams