Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

It is my understanding that a member must make a certain number of posts before he/she can PM another member without the contents of the PM being available for viewing by the general membership. If this is true, how many posts do I need to satisfy the requirement?

TIA

lj

Hi Lj,

James can answer that exactly,

but as far as I remember it was a very low number, maybe five or so.

I think your real question is, if you are already able to send PM's.

If I am right, you might, if you like, try to send me one.

Even if you just write "test ....."

When it works, you will see it instantly,

if not, at my time, there was a message, which told (will tell) you

the required number of posts you need.

But IMO, you should already be able to send PM's.

Regards,

Hal

It was nice to help, I have received your message, but I got the following

message, when I tried to answer:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. ljyoung has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove ljyoung from the recipient list and send the message again.

I think you have to check to settings, for allowing these.

Hal

It was nice to help, I have received your message, but I got the following

message, when I tried to answer:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. ljyoung has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove ljyoung from the recipient list and send the message again.

I think you have to check to settings, for allowing these.

Hal

Thanks again Hal. That problem is fixed now.

lj

Thank you Hal for helping out.

We have a very low 5 post policy to enable the pm'ing system. We do this in order to avoid spammers abusing our pm system. Thank you.

Is there a pm thread around here where we can get the 5 posts out of the way per se if we wanted to pm someone?

NO!

Hal

P.S: May initial message was too short, so: NO! NO! NO!

And a question!

Is it so difficult, to write something useful?

LOL, its funny you ask because i was trying to be able to send YOU the following PM

Hi hal, I hav been having very good success in forex with a standard deviation channel, coupled with a simple indi and alot of discretion (candlestick patterns, volume, timing, etc) but I am very interested in what you are showing in your chart.

I google searched Std deviation bands but came up with nothing? Are they similiar to bollinger bands? Can you please point me in a direction where I can get more information, preferably a place where they offer MT4 versions of the bands.

I hope you condiser that useful?

LOL, its funny you ask because i was trying to be able to send YOU the following PM

Hi hal, I hav been having very good success in forex with a standard deviation channel, coupled with a simple indi and alot of discretion (candlestick patterns, volume, timing, etc) but I am very interested in what you are showing in your chart.

I google searched Std deviation bands but came up with nothing? Are they similiar to bollinger bands? Can you please point me in a direction where I can get more information, preferably a place where they offer MT4 versions of the bands.

I hope you condiser that useful?

LOL, yes its really funny,

maybe its best, if you answer my following question here on this thread!

What is 2+2?

Some might say 4.

But sometimes 5 might be the right answer (1984)!

So, what is your answer?

I guess, you got it!

Regards,

Hal

Thanks, That was helpful and im glad that I recognized your intentions and did not take your question as an attack.

BTW:

2 + 2 = 22

(you add them together! D'oh)

Thanks, That was helpful and im glad that I recognized your intentions and did not take your question as an attack.

BTW:

2 + 2 = 22

(you add them together! D'oh)

Lol, you've got it!

So, this is for James, this issue is solved!