Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dinerotrader

Ninjatrader Chart Setup

:confused:Can someone tell me how to get my ninjatrade screen to chart like below. If you would post a screen shot of what settings I need to set up. It appears this chart has some automatic drawing of the high and low of the prior day and it only shows active trading hour's activity. Those are the 2 features I can't determine how to set up properly and I am very new to ninjatrader.

Cheers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12175&stc=1&d=1247615504

5aa70efed5eb9_eschart.png.91959d7dae3742826466ccbad8856ca1.png

:confused:Can someone tell me how to get my ninjatrade screen to chart like below. If you would post a screen shot of what settings I need to set up. It appears this chart has some automatic drawing of the high and low of the prior day and it only shows active trading hour's activity. Those are the 2 features I can't determine how to set up properly and I am very new to ninjatrader.

In ninjatrader, go to the indicators list, scroll down to prior OHLC, and click on that indicator. Then, you can format it so that it only prints the prior H and prior Low, and I took a screen shot of the settings you would need to make it look like the picture you attached.

Then, right click on the chart, fo down to "properties"

In properties, set the start time to 9:30 AM (adjust to your own time, of course) and end time set to 4:15 PM (again adjusting for time zone).

If you want the session break lines, then you need to set those from the properties window as well.

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70efedaa74_NinjatraderPriorOHLC-HLOnly1.jpg.623e53df0f74dbb75a29a8dee4499073.jpg

5aa70efede632_NinjatraderSessionBreakLines1.jpg.c117ed02ed648ac651df54b90747b7e7.jpg

I have downloaded Ninger Trader twice to use with trade station. What a waste. No support , no videos on set up. I dont understand how this firm stays in business. Astupid program with no directions.

I have downloaded Ninger Trader twice to use with trade station. What a waste. No support , no videos on set up. I dont understand how this firm stays in business. Astupid program with no directions.

I have been very pleased with Ninjatrader. My opinion of Ninjatrader, in fact, is the complete opposite of yours.

Here is a link to a support page:

Online Trading. NINJATRADER Support Center.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I agree with thales.

Even though I don't use NT (I prefer Sierra Chart with Interactive Brokers) I have looked at the material and downloaded and used versions of it. It and the material were good.

I open ninja trader with a blank page. Check the link you sent me with chart support. The video opens with a chart showing. No instruction on how to bring up the chart. After I downloaded it Ninja the second time it wiped out all my trade station charts.

Great for all you technically inclined people out there but I don't have hours to waste trying to figure out someones else's program.

I am one of those people who use the Internet as a tool. I don't get any enjoyment out of figuring out programming puzzles. I think this is a big mistake in the software industry because the people who write this stuff love this puzzle crap. I just find it frusting and a waste of my time.

I am not blasting you personally and thank you for your post trying to help but I am just pointing out what I think is problem for a lot of folks who are left out in the cold.

I open ninja trader with a blank page. Check the link you sent me with chart support. The video opens with a chart showing. No instruction on how to bring up the chart.

Try clicking on "file," then "new," then "chart."

Great for all you technically inclined people out there but I don't have hours to waste trying to figure out someones else's program.

I am one of those people who use the Internet as a tool.

Unfortunately, learning new things, such as how to use a new tool, requires time. No one can learn it for you if it is to have any value to yourself.

When you go to online support, look up "data connection" and "chart template." That should get you started.

May I suggest that before you try to go live with ninja using tradestation that you sign up for the free zen-fire demo and learn t use ninja itself first as a simple stand alone charting program. After you are comfortable with Ninja's workspaces and charting functions, then move forward with going live.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I open ninja trader with a blank page. Check the link you sent me with chart support. The video opens with a chart showing. No instruction on how to bring up the chart. After I downloaded it Ninja the second time it wiped out all my trade station charts.

I am one of those people who use the Internet as a tool. I don't get any enjoyment out of figuring out programming puzzles. I think this is a big mistake in the software industry because the people who write this stuff love this puzzle crap. I just find it frusting and a waste of my time.

I am not blasting you personally and thank you for your post trying to help but I am just pointing out what I think is problem for a lot of folks who are left out in the cold.

If you aren't willing to spend hours learning the software, this may not be the business for you. Personally I don't think I'd be comfortable trading live on a platform that I didn't have several hours of screen time on beforehand.

Edited by diablo272

We have established a blog in order to educate traders how to use the NinjaTrader Platform: NinjaTrader Blog

if you scroll to the bottom click on "older posts" you will get more videos. We have close to 30 videos and we suggest you take your time in learning the ninjatrader platform.

We hope this help.

Matt

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading.