Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thalestrader

Reading Charts in Real Time

Thanks

Oanda is 5 :(

Gabe

Oanda has a lot of otherwise smart folks fooled into thinking they are a "better bucket shop."

Let me ask you this ... would you trade the ES at a broker who set a 1093 bid - 1094.25 offer?

Why trade with a bucket shop that does exactly that to you on currency crosses?

Best Wishes,

Thales

Now my daughter and I are sitting here watching the Eagles trying to comeback against the chargers, and we did not trade this EURJPY. But, watching the EURJPY make its way to PT1 and then on to reach the PT2 had our attention more than the Eagles attempted comeback.

Our trading chances look much better than our chance at a Super Bowl at this point.

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70f5b512c2_11-15-2009EURJPY5.thumb.jpg.906059856e63a51932ebd9ca7674c4e8.jpg

The only real benefit with Oanda (IMHO) is the complete flexibility on lot size. Size it in any way you like from $1 up to (I think) $20m per order.

I agree. But with microlots, you should be able to manage risk through position sizing at FXCM as well. You can manage risk well at IB also, except IB does have a minimum trade size.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Took a short on EJ because the news were good for the JY.

Lost 30 pips.

Gabe

This is the closest thing I see to a short entry on the EURJPY.

You shorted because the news was good for the Yen? That reminds me of something President Reagen once said about his political opponents: "It's not that that they are wrong, its just that they know so much that isn't so." You may be right, but let the market confirm your opinion before you put your money on the line.

You ought to go and do a search for Firewalker's old thread, "All You Need is a Chart."

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70f5b57482_11-15-2009EURJPY6.thumb.jpg.a18a91f2a06589e5faf3a2115484da2e.jpg

Just curious why you guys like the spot forex so much? Personally I love being able to specify EXACT prices for entry and exit and know I have the exact same spread no matter what time of day on the CME contracts.

Obviously if you have a very small account or need to trade 20 pairs, but I think there is more action than I can ever trade on 3 pairs, let alone 8 or so they offer. And you can trade 1 lot on a 2k account with places like AMP Global or Infinity.

Hi daedalus,

My personal preference for the spot market is for several reasons:

1) I'm not awake for most of the USA trading hours

2) I'm not trying to be a scalper so it isn't really action that I'm looking for. I am trying to get away from scalping tendencies

3) Because I'm trying to get away from scalping and focusing more on bigger timeframes for bigger moves, I would prefer about a dozen instruments of which to look for larger picture SR.

With kind regards,

MK

Just curious why you guys like the spot forex so much? Personally I love being able to specify EXACT prices for entry and exit and know I have the exact same spread no matter what time of day on the CME contracts.

Obviously if you have a very small account or need to trade 20 pairs, but I think there is more action than I can ever trade on 3 pairs, let alone 8 or so they offer. And you can trade 1 lot on a 2k account with places like AMP Global or Infinity.

I prefer futures myself, and I too find that the 6B, 6E, and 6J provide ample opportunities.

I always kept an eye on spot prices, but I did not begin active involvement until this past summer while working with my daughter. She started trading with a $25.00 USD micro account trading for dimes/tick, and she has done very well. She came to really like the EURJPY. I have to say, so have I.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Yes Gabe, short looks good there. I'm looking to short EUR/USD as per the plan posted.

If you agree with my short idea then EU should give you a short indication as well since they move together many times.

Gabe

EU_Nov_15_2009_15min.thumb.png.6e9b71f3e526cf9f1ba3e4ebe0ed37d0.png