Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thalestrader

Reading Charts in Real Time

GU closed last night. First target hit in down move for 92. Second part removed for 117.

If we were in a trendy zone I would probably have held the second but we are between major resistance areas on daily so I'm prepared to wait to break from that before pursuing long holds.

Short GU continues ... very Thalesy ...

That made me smile, which is something I very much enjoy doing. So thank you for the smile!

I had an event to attend last night, and I set a sell limit to get short the 6B at 1.5105. Much to my chagrin, I came home to find that that was the high tick and I did not get a fill on even one contract. I'm happy to see that you were able to take advantage of a such good opportunity.

Best Wishes,

Thales

fbo @ rtl purple channel line I am reversing my position (P/L-1.25 on first trade)

Mr_black,

Are you typically always in during RTH? In other words, is your method either long/short, never flat?

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hi Marko,

I am rather interested in your DAX cycles and sequences. If it's not too much trouble I wonder if you might post a little about them (perhaps just a sentence when you post the first DAX chart of the day). I get the impression it is kind of informal so perhaps thats not practical.

Cheers.

Hi Marko,

I am rather interested in your DAX cycles and sequences. If it's not too much trouble I wonder if you might post a little about them (perhaps just a sentence when you post the first DAX chart of the day). I get the impression it is kind of informal so perhaps thats not practical.

Cheers.

Oh dear, I just decided to post GU or EU charts to stay more in touch with the flow of discussion here.

I would prefer to postpone the DAX charts.

Kind regards,

Marko

GBP/USD begins to feel choppy to me, maybe too sensitive.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20282&stc=1&d=1269424941

New low and test of 3 day low followed. Therefore no chop zone.

forex04.thumb.gif.4b303c2653c6cd955c93c48216caa6d2.gif

Edited by Marko23

attachment.php?attachmentid=20283&stc=1&d=1269428650

12:19 Too early, didn't wait for my colored bars; no idea why. Out with small loss.

12:55 It was the test of the three day low and the quick reaction.

forex07.thumb.gif.fb49031772491cfec84cf9af62565e5d.gif

Edited by Marko23

Oh dear, I just decided to post GU or EU charts to stay more in touch with the flow of discussion here.

I would prefer to postpone the DAX charts

I would like to second Blowfish's request concerning the DAX. I may not comment on your charts very often, and I have no plans to change my sleep schedule so as to allow me to trade the DAX AM session, but I do like to follow along with you. You are free to post whatever you like here - DAX, EURO, Pork Bellies, Beans, Crude Oil - nothing is off limits so long as it can be charted and traded.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I would like to second Blowfish's request concerning the DAX. I may not comment on your charts very often, and I have no plans to change my sleep schedule so as to allow me to trade the DAX AM session, but I do like to follow along with you. You are free to post whatever you like here - DAX, EURO, Pork Bellies, Beans, Crude Oil - nothing is off limits so long as it can be charted and traded.

Best Wishes,

Thales

You and Blowfish seem to like manifoldness as much as I do.

I'll switch back to FDAX from tomorrow.

Many thanks for your feedback.

You and Blowfish seem to like manifoldness as much as I do.

I'll switch back to FDAX from tomorrow.

Many thanks for your feedback.

I have a love hate relationship with the DAX....at the moment it's love. It does seem to exhibit schizoid tendencies now and then though. )

FDAX !! showed a very good example of TVGR today.

It opened with gap down (magenta) and closed the gap after seven bars.

TVGR states that only after a gap close within the first two bars, the direction

signal of the gap is neutralized.

FDAX responded with new 2 day low, but the strong uptrend gives FDAX

a new daily high now.

I'll not paint any hindsight signals, everybody could take profit during the day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20293&stc=1&d=1269448736

forex14.thumb.gif.afd7823cd3ae271b6d542d575425fbdc.gif

Edited by Marko23

I have a love hate relationship with the DAX....at the moment it's love. It does seem to exhibit schizoid tendencies now and then though. )

I love those gaps most, very reliable they are.

One trade today (well one winner, the other was a par).... again just lower high reversal trades... I took profit at prior Support after seeing prices stall and start to reverse there.... Again, hindsight is 20/20 and the thing caved but i'll take my little +12 profit and waltzed away.

:)

1.png.690aaf957c6cd7f4ddc1e79944a8dfce.png