Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thalestrader

Reading Charts in Real Time

Just watching this one as time of day and US Holiday wouldn't encourage me to trade it.

I hear what you're saying Beachtrade. But the EURUSD looks very attractive to me for a long at these levels. I would not be surprised by a rally toward 1.4450 before the EU makes another try at lower lows. Any other day of the week and I would have no qualms about a 6E long.

Best Wishes,

Thales

In my opinion all time frames under H1 are irrelevant ,but that is my strategy .. I may be wrong

Have you read any of this thread before posting, or have you just wandered in from ET?

Best Wishes,

Thales

No , i haven't ! But it is a statement of mine .

Well, in the context of this thread your statement sounds rude. As a new TL member, you ought to extend us the courtesy of reading some of the thread before making your statements. Plenty of threads here and elsewhere though ... go find one that fits you better. This is not it.

Thank You,

Thales

Well, I guess I'm done for the day. Finished the day slightly down, but not too bad...insignificant, really (that's what I'm telling myself).

I'll just blaim it on the fact that today's a holiday. ;) haha

-Cory

No , i haven't ! But it is a statement of mine .

Probably better of starting your own thread rather than just jumping into a random one that you have not even taken the trouble to ascertain what it is about.

One last look at the GU before I head out...

Since I'm not in it, I GUARANTEE this will be a full blown winner! ;)

-Cory

Well, I just glanced at the charts...that GU trade, if I held it long enough, would have probably hit PT1...definitely not PT2.

I think with most of my trades today, I had the right idea (I usually got some movement in my direction)...just couldn't get any steam behind any moves...in either direction...could very well be because of the holiday, I don't know. It might be a good idea for me to merely observe on holidays, FOMC days, & NFP days for now.

Edited by Cory2679
typo

Here is my primary reason for the short, this level being major S/R before.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17961&stc=1&d=1263868179

And some confirmation in the form of the 1-2-3

attachment.php?attachmentid=17962&stc=1&d=1263868179

Note, in my entry I entered at 35.75, but only when 35.75 broke and made a lower low. It's a stop entry with a -1 offset.

ghtt.png.4738dc200f3a469784da6c5775c8aac8.png

fgt.png.c8f78d9a626eefe4a592693fa0ebd83d.png

Here is my primary reason for the short, this level being major S/R before...

And some confirmation in the form of the 1-2-3.

This is a good example of what I mean when I say the sequences (123's) start every trend change, and every trend can be viewed as a series of successively larger sequences (123's) until the trend ends with a sequence in the opposite direction.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17963&stc=1&d=1263869226

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70faa2844e_2010-01-18ES1.thumb.jpg.8db060e4d6004515edcab4426c420817.jpg

... and every trend can be viewed as a series of successively larger sequences (123's) until the trend ends with a sequence in the opposite direction.

May or may not trigger ... may or may not resume the uptrend. If it triggers its going somewhere, but somewhere may not be very far ... then again ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=17964&stc=1&d=1263872983

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70faa2d86c_2010-01-18ES2.thumb.jpg.73fd7a9214b109ec9a23f451361964a1.jpg

May or may not trigger ... may or may not resume the uptrend. If it triggers its going somewhere, but somewhere may not be very far ... then again ...

It did trigger, and so far, using basic fibs based on the initial size of the sequence, it has done more than the minimum you could expect (which is to say, it has done enough to satisfy any expectations one might have out of this particular long sequence).

attachment.php?attachmentid=17965&stc=1&d=1263873408

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70faa332fd_2010-01-18ES3.thumb.jpg.da17d9d9bde3ecfc1f39ee856bfb3c18.jpg

Edited by thalestrader
typo

Looking at the EURUSD, you can see the change in character of the swings from choppy uptrend to sideways chop zone. A break either way out of the zone would have been a reasonable entry, i.e. long above or short below. Someone should have been able to make 100 ticks last night without too much emotional effort as the decline looks to have been very easy to sit through.

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70faa49057_2010-01-19EURUSD1.thumb.jpg.7c73f95f46f5dee85a3da1c76a4c9103.jpg