Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

taq

Miracle of Golden Ratio

Interesting take although not connected with trading

Personally don't belong to any particular faith or have bias to any belief system, but more towards logic/science and More interested in trading and my own peace of mind:) and peace amongst various nations on this precious and unique planet

however is it not possible that others who would be located on the same latitude around the globe may also come to the same conclusion about their own particular location.

And then there may be some in the Southern Hemisphere ie. South America, etc, on a particular latitude and will calculate only in reverse to establish certain locations pertaining to this ratio. Infact there are claims of advanced civilisations and visitors from space in parts of S.A. Then there are places in South East Asia with similar constructions as in Egypt.

and to top it all , the tectonic plates on the Earth's surface are in perpetual motion and in a few million years the locations would have shifted.

Could not all this lead to controversy???

Edited by monad

My movement projection from Gann's 1X1 tops at 961 and this last pull back gells with your 42.50, only because you didn't account for the angle from zero and you use either a base 15 minute or peak .618. It's losing momentum, velocity and sloping angles.

942.50 I'll note is a 67% retracement from 1067.

We're off to find a bottom Monday.

Nice chart though. Really appealing looking.

Edited by Xuanxue

Guest goodyboo

About the markets, do they move to these golden mean levels because traders are watching for golden mean? or is there a natural tendency of this crowd to move this way? Any studies?

About the markets, do they move to these golden mean levels because traders are watching for golden mean? or is there a natural tendency of this crowd to move this way? Any studies?

I keep a daily spreadsheet of a 5 period VWAP with StDev bands based on the rate of return during those 5 periods. Before knowing bog standard was to start data anew every five periods I measured nearly 15,000 data points of $SPX going back to Jan. 1950. Taking into account the natural slope without price action (square root of time, in this case five periods) multiplied to average squared returns, yielded .02236 variance from close-to-VWAP every week. That's a scale by one hundred of 2.236, or nearly 2 1/4 cycles. While interesting to note, the bands didn't serve me well save in rare outliers, which is to say action save in those instances always centered around VWAP. Refreshing the data more frequently coincidentally enough didn't change the ratio, but rather the extreme over and under VWAP itself.

It's tough if not impossible to say which or by what degree what you ask is more true, whether seasoned traders by instinct or eye intuit moves overextended or a sort of will-interference by virtue of natural government of terrestrial mathematical precision itself. However it's fair to say from my experience, and I don't care how it sounds, it's certainly a combination of both.

Consciously we're just not that precise of a species. Subconsciously, unconsciously, perhaps.

Edited by Xuanxue