Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cowcool

Desperately Seeking for Help

a lot of the new charting software have play back function...

this can speed up the learning curve by manifold.

What do you mean play back? Loading old data charts, then play them in the real time? or just backtesting certain strategy?

What do you mean play back? Loading old data charts, then play them in the real time? or just backtesting certain strategy?

play back old data... tick by tick, as if the market is unfolding in front of you in real time.

some programs would allow you to playback in fast forward mode, or bar-by-bar mode.

The professional grade programs can play in bid and ask.

more sophisticate program can play back synchronized multi-stream data at the same time.

eg. playing the Dow Jones index along with YM and ES futures.

Edited by Tams

This might be too unsophisticated for the likes of Tams, but...

I am glad I am touching your nerve...

it can only happen if you allow people to do so...

This might be too unsophisticated for the likes of Tams, but for everyone else, OEC has a market replay function that is good. It's part of the software package but you do have to download an plug-in first.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16493&stc=1&d=1260546627

Thank you for reply! OEC allow to record current session then play it. They don't allow to import history charts from the past.

Do you know any software which allows to import sessions?

Do you know any software which allows to import sessions?

i use AmiBroker for charting and it has a very transparent and comprehensible data management. You can create and name different databases and choose their folder save location, then the data are stored in special files within the database folder. You can create new databases from .csv (or similar) files, you can export data into .csv (though you need to download a tool for the export). Then you can replay the data.

In replay you set a step and speed. The step can be as low as the base time interval of your database, but not lower than 1 second (because time stamp in AmiBroker has 1 second resolution, even for a tick-by-tick database).

Thank you Head. Sorry I forgot to mention I need soft for futures and forex.

Any suggestions?

AmiBroker is just a charting and testing software. You need to plug in data from some provider or import them from ASCII file (like csv for example). Check AmiBroker website for compatible data providers.

I am sorry but I can't provide info on other programs, since I am a beginner and AmiBroker was my first choice. I don't have much other experience. I only tried NinjaTrader but I didn't go deep enough.