Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Nothing much today. Done trading, off to reviewing and skill development ...

gbp/usd

It's shaping up like an inside day, note LH today. Don't trade in the middle, trade the extremes.

picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=38

Good Luck.

5-6-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=10496&stc=1&d=1241634986

Got long the 6B and this trade I traded 2 contracts. Reason is that the 6E also had a buy signal, but about 30 minutes before I was ready to trade. The 6B triggered a signal and I doubled up there since the 6E optimal entry spot had passed. Frustrating when that happens, but not much I can do there unless I start earlier, which is a consideration.

5-6-2009.png.1ea9b3a661724b17b535ac99837ea06b.png

yesterday I didn't post because I am mowing to another location

anyway I have +20 USD ..

today is better ..but not good as I like to be

pl21.jpg.a5fe7b45e3f8f81707245aff32efd976.jpg

Ok, traded for real again today. 5 trades, 2 out at even and 3 (very small) winners for a gain of $75.00, So woo hoo. I had a slow start today, didn't really trust the opening gap play but it did retrace 100%. Actually a good day for my kind of trading what with the Dow reacting to all the pivots. I am still so new at pushing a real button I jump out too early, just so excited to see real money.... 'this too shall pass', I'll get over the novelty of it and start concentrating on predetermining my exit points and then develope the judgment to decide whether to hold for the 'fruition of the trade' or just take some profit. So all in all I'm real happy again today.

But speaking to the 'fruition of the trade'... Brownsfan... I appreciate what you had to say about not needing to be more right but simply consistent, then ramping up the number of contracts to make more money. This is exactly why I trade the mini's. Total focus on the index, same charts, same indicators.... simple, simple, simple. I don't believe you have to be a genius or have a magic indicator to make serious money. You simply have to be consistent and know yourself. However my point is I have found in the past that I kept trading until I started losing and often end up at the end of the day with just the results of the last few trades for profit or loss. As opposed to setting a dollar or point amount that once reached I close the account for the day. To me I guess this is more of a money management thing. Responding to this thread actually works similiar psychologically, I find I want to participate by having something to report, so it has helped me to start trading for real. Not that I want to be able to tell what a great trade I did today, not a show and tell kind of thing but the consistency of participating in the market just like the consistency I need to duplicate in the market. Again I can make all kinds of money on my sim... consistent, disciplined, over a long period of time (months and months and months) what I have not been able to do yet is get over the electrifying emotional charges that come with real trading. I know it is all in my head, the sim account is indistinguishable from the real account, yet the voices that go off in your head when your deciding on an entry or exit are all out of wack to what goes on in the sim trading. I assume this will dampen with time.... as my Mother used to say 'God give me strength'.... lol lol lol.

So anyways as usual I ramble on.... 'somebody stop me' lol lol

50709.thumb.jpg.2568076cbc036c5856046d4a866c1e71.jpg

Started trading early this morning to trade some currencies. Didn't catch much about break even. Caught a nice end of trend signal. on the sinewave and was determined to make money on it I set a large 7 point stop, i was using a 30 min chart. I was determined to let it run until I got an exit signal. well no exit signal but i'm done today and happy. I may move to longer time frame charts. Less work, less trading and less commission to brokers. I'll try again fri. good trading everyone.

5-7-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=10517&stc=1&d=1241724050

Where do I begin today...

:shrug:

Let's review as this will be a day that I will want to reference later:

1) The 6B owned my ass today like no other... there is a caveat here though. Trade #1 was a great short that was literally ticked out for a loss. Price ran up exactly to my stop and took me out. If that doesn't happen, 1 nice easy trade and then trade #2 does not occur there.

2) The 2nd trade on the 6B was exited by yours truly even though the system did not call for it. I panicked when I saw the 6E move up some and wanted to 'save' from taking a bigger loss. What should have happened = just shy of a $300 gain.

3) I'm ok w/ that 6B loss on the first one, it's the 2nd one that is hurting right now. In the end, the 6B should have ended with a small loss. Obviously I f*cked that one up hardcore.

4) ES trade was great! Until I got out a little too soon. I was short into that monster move down, but got out too soon in hindsight. I'm ok w/ it though.

5) The ZB and I are having some marital issues right now. My timing was off today, although the end result was positive in that market.

6) I have to vent on the last ZB though... I was short ZB around 1030am EST. I held and held... I got out at 1245pm, which is an INCREDIBLY long trade for me. At 1300 the bond announcement was made and the damn thing cratered like no tomorrow. Could have turned the day positive and then some if I waited about 15 more minutes. Of course, that news could have taken it the other way and I take a big loss there. I wasn't in the mood for a loss as I knew this was going to be the last trade of the day.

7) Salvaging a loss of $231 works for me. I was just not in sync today and the 6B was really horrific what I did there.

Back at it tomorrow. Going to have to keep my revenge trading in check Fri on the 6B.

5-7-2009.png.6e5eecdff6fa22f986277d7acb6f314a.png

Hi Folks,

Two trades today, both made this afternoon. Genworth didn't fulfill its promise, but Office Depot became a nice little runner. I attached the charts for today. As you can see, nothing fancy. For what its worth, I typically have 1-4 trades/day. I am not concerned with winning percentage at all, but only with letting my winners breathe and choking off the losers early.

Best Trading to All,

Thales

5aa70ece694b2_5-7-2009Trades1.jpg.cdb66523dbc53198b3534277f4d059ef.jpg

5aa70ece6e843_5-7-2009ODP1.thumb.jpg.db53cdb03757628d11350cc05d7e1521.jpg

5aa70ece750ac_5-7-2009GNW1.thumb.jpg.0b52eff47f004056ee856fa575fcfabf.jpg

Edited by thalestrader

Well I must admit it is hard to sit in front of computer all day to make at best a few points or 1 tick. For the time being my money is "scared money" and I am desperate to lock in profits..........................no matter how small.

On the other side I am trading treasuries on SIM (TY Brownsfan, I would not have looked at them without your thread about their lack of sex appeal :smoking:) I do like the way they trade and hope to incorporate them in the future.

I post my blotter because I do not think it would be fair of me to only post it when my acct is at normal level and I want all to see. Also, I am learning a great deal about patience for the time being.

may.PNG.efdd2cd9510b24861e43f8b06ea1a74a.PNG

as I say before ..I am trying not trade this days since I moving to another location

but still make one or two trade ..so I can feel market

btw ..brownsfan ..I admire you

you are great trader ...

If I have such intraday loss...it will be very hard to trade and make rebound ..

anyway I see you stay focused and didnt lost your mind

pl22.jpg.b9054980764d0978c1c2c17fa0f7d297.jpg

btw ..brownsfan ..I admire you

you are great trader ...

If I have such intraday loss...it will be very hard to trade and make rebound ..

anyway I see you stay focused and didnt lost your mind

:angry: :doh: :crap: :wtf:: :bang head: :frustrated:

...all of those are how I felt at one point today. I guess the key was sticking w/ the plan till the end.

Ok, so this is 3 days in a row for trading real. Didn't get started until afternoon, 3 trades of 1 contract on the YM all small winners for 31 pts., a profit of $150.00 First 2 I got out early, last one hit my 15 pt. limit order as I was trying to get out with a market.... lol lol lol 2 were pivot trades and one was an ema over extended bounce just above a pivot. Anyways all three were big winners if I had stayed in maybe 100 pts total, not that I would get them all or want to try for that matter. In my sim trading 100pts is my long term daily average. That is why my short term goal is to get to 50 pts on the YM consistently, everyday for at least 2 or 3 weeks then start to ramp up my contracts. I'm sure most of you will think 50 is easy and your right it is, but everyday is not easy. I want to learn the discipline to trade until I make a certain point level then shut it down otherwise I will often trade until I start losing. But first I have to get over the emotional impact of trading for real.

Real happy with the day

Well I must admit it is hard to sit in front of computer all day to make at best a few points or 1 tick. For the time being my money is "scared money" and I am desperate to lock in profits..........................no matter how small.

You're in a tough way, bathrobe. I wish there was something I could say to help you, but from my own experience I know there is no way to success unless and until you find your own way to best your demons.

Best Wishes,

Thales

don't just look at the PnL...

look also at the MFE and MAE.

They are telling you your long term viability.

Hi Folks,

Three trades this morning and now its time to mow the lawn. I included the charts I use, and as always, nothing fancy.

I will take a look this afternoon around 1:30 PM, but I'm not sure that I'll trade the afternoon session.

Best Trading to All,

Thales

5aa70ecf17d02_5-9-2009TradesSession11.jpg.95e7b19cbde851aded1bf30234453b36.jpg

5aa70ecf23cff_5-9-2009AES1.thumb.jpg.66062fe6e4afbbf41068b3233a4f09fe.jpg

5aa70ecf2a67f_5-9-2009EP1.thumb.jpg.1824bbfe4acecd2bde19b4175324dcc6.jpg

5aa70ecf30c3d_5-9-2009HBAN1.thumb.jpg.8ea1eb8ee2457c5c50d658f488858395.jpg

Edited by thalestrader
spelling

I have been learning VSA and taking SIM trades based on it, some of these are very good trades (I only wish I had used real :2c:)

Today I was on SIM and had a positive day, but I wont post blotter because the psychology of the trades were not there.

Hi Folks,

Three more trades this afternoon. The action in ZION was perfect. AAN and AEM ... not so much.

Blotter includes three trades from this morning. Afternoon charts are attached as well.

I see I have dated all of the screenshots as 5-9 instead of 5-8 - obviously these trades took place today.

Have a great weekend!

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70ecf5129b_5-9-2009AAN1.thumb.jpg.22c21f7d29e14830029483d371eaca49.jpg

5aa70ecf57dfa_5-9-2009AEM1.thumb.jpg.153ea88833ac87cdc9aaae65dcc400dd.jpg

5aa70ecf5daaf_5-9-2009ZION1.thumb.jpg.374fe1c6dd3c2cd15b99bd372b675537.jpg

5aa70ecf62a0d_5-9-2009Trades1.jpg.12f76d8a6b7e5da794b8a6e97fdd08b7.jpg

Here are my trades for friday and sunday. I went short over the weekend for a fill at the open on sunday. It was good for $250.

Friday was a good day I traded 1 contract and executed my trades about 70% to my trading plan. Had I held on a little longer on some of the trades I probably would have picked up an additional 6-9 points, but it was a profitable day, so I can't complain. I'm still having a hard time holding onto trades for any extended period of time that is one reason i went short over the weekend. I wanted to be able to deal with the stress of being in a trade. For this coming week my goals are to keep executing my plan at least 70% of the time, no revenge trading, try to wait for confirmation before entering, and exiting. I have a habit of entering early. Good luck to everyone this coming week.51109.thumb.jpg.7333274f73dec169080df8c41e426208.jpg

I noticed I have not posted everyday this week. I will continue to post as often as i have time. I will also try to post a weekly summary. So here is my summary for week ending 5/10. I consider my week to start on mon. to sun.

Week510.thumb.jpg.497518121e3e02f3aef5ee84287a6771.jpg