Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Nice trade

I have to say thanks for the heads up on the ZN and ZB. I've been trying them on Sim with a bit of success so far. Hope it continues when I use real $s

Good to hear jimbob.

It's interesting for me to watch these multiple markets and see when some markets are moving and others are at a stand still. Good to be involved in the ones that are moving.

Today was a day of 'position yourself for a move that doesn't happen' -- liked my entries for the most part -- the moves just never stretched out enough to fill the majority of my exit limit orders -- such is life on the 3rd lowest point range of 2009 --- very boring day.

had a decent trade at end of day that in retrospect should have been better managed -- but was thinking 15.25 points just wasn't enough range to play for -- alas, we got kind of a 'outlier' day (outlier in terms of range so low).. so it goes.

so I end up at minus 11 bucks.... yah -$11.00..... 'pay the broker day'

the usual attachment is useless so I will attach the summary page here... for some reason, the other one is being broken out into single lot orders despite never doing a single lot order -- makes it so you can't read it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10039&stc=1&d=1238787086

5aa70ec08aeef_20090403Trades.thumb.jpg.5296975c48d3317a91846455eecb4e4a.jpg

5aa70ec08f1e4_20090403Tradesb.png.cdf392a4d28354f96033dcd3a8132ecf.png

Edited by Frank

I use my new combination of two indicators for one week,

while I was totally confusing myself during Monday and Tuesday,

it starts to make sense for me now.

So next week, I might see, if this is really the case.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10041&stc=1&d=1238790598

Have a nice weekend! :thumbs up:

NQ-03.04-Demo.png.3fb58f80f664e485c7c5b0807b306c9b.png

Edited by HAL9000

My goal was to hold out for more points this week, I ended up not taking the .75 points the trade gave me, and ended up losing three. I am happy with my entry though, overall it was ok I guess. The trade came down to my stop exactly and then rallied 9 points. This happens:doh:

4609.PNG.8f1187832f83602c1b5b2e719aa9cbb4.PNG

Market is stuck in the mud right now. Made some money in the morning and gave it back in the afternoon. On Friday, I made an error not exiting a winning position which kept me flat. Today, the market was just stuck and wouldn't even fill my conservative limit orders. Lost net -$180 today after being up +$1200, such is life in a tough environment -- part of loss was in an entry error where I doubled up my position on ES by accident for a loser. Net net, in poker terms -- had some set-ups that seemed promising ---- just couldn't hit a flop. On to tomorrow.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10071&stc=1&d=1239049069

5aa70ec1ccf49_20090406MondayTrades.thumb.png.060eba02bb183a74387573da4e5316ba.png

Edited by Frank

On a side note, after doing this for a couple of days now -- I think maybe this process might be useful. It has occurred to me during the trading day that I need to show I didn't make any clear mistakes --- there might be something to this 'just be accountable to something' thing --- even if its just to a website in cyberspace, you ARE thinking about it....

I will try to post some more comments of what I may be getting out of this over time --- so if you are reading this thread and thinking of doing it -- I invite you to 'nut up' and post some of your trades and become accountable --- it doesn't matter your size or your consistency, just try to improve each day over the last day. spending 1 minute at the end of the day for a few sentences to review your results may indeed help you remember that you have responsibility to yourself to show results. publicly showing this will be tough sometimes, but its reality.

4-6-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=10072&stc=1&d=1239049353

Nice trade on the ZB after the first one failed. That's about it.

I'm not sure how much more I will be posting here as the moderation around this place is just getting out of hand. Just tired of it. If the thread is helping you, keep it going!

4-6-2009.png.414665663e6cb544ba1248ce1c268672.png

what do you mean Fan? what is going on with the moderation?

Frank - much more than I care to talk about here. Those involved know what's been going on and I'm just completely turned off by TL right now. It's too bad b/c TL was a great place at one point (I've been around for awhile - lol) and now while it has grown and I realize that's good for James, way things are handled has changed and I don't need the hassle when I am trying to help the overall community.

Hey guys,

just another daily blog update as usual. I haven't covered the sell off, but there's a couple of screen shots and explaintions of two trades you could of had today.

I hope people are finding the blog useful

Boost!

868 - just so you know, posting a link to a website that is off of TL and where a chat room is being promoted could be frowned upon by the moderators around here. If your posts start to become moderated, you'll know why. Just a friendly heads up.

;)

My goal was to hold out for more points this week, I ended up not taking the .75 points the trade gave me, and ended up losing three. I am happy with my entry though, overall it was ok I guess. The trade came down to my stop exactly and then rallied 9 points. This happens:doh:

bath - I've noticed the winners appear to be for 1 tick and then this big loss. In the spirit of discussion and helping each other, I wanted to provide my feedback - which is, you can't take 1 tick on winners (and only 1 winner) and then let one losing day wipe a big part of those other winning days.

I'd be curious to hear what causes the winners to be 1 tick and the losers larger. If the goal is 1 tick, are you sending your exit order immediately after entering the trade or is the 1 tick gain something that happens after being in the trade for a bit?

My point is that if your goal (intended or not) turns out to be 1 tick, then I would just get my limit order out there to get 1 tick immediately. Hopefully your platform can automatically do this for you. If the goal is not 1 tick, but it turns out to be 1 tick most days, then it's something you need to work on IMO. If there's specific questions you have, feel free to post here, start a new thread or PM me and I will give you my email addy and we can discuss there.

I also really hope the "moderation" issue can be resolved.

In any case just want to let you know that I really appreciate this thread as well as all the material in the forum....

4-7-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=10078&stc=1&d=1239114848

Nice easy trade this morning on a long on the ZB. There's an excellent chance that I got out way too soon though.

Also wanted to say thanks to those that sent PM's and posted here. Didn't realize so many were watching my posts. :)

4-7-2009.png.a8b1e8f6be2852404279206346d0adfd.png

I will not be posting for a while (~2 weeks), I need to add money to my account to take trades I feel comfy with, this should be next week some time.

Chris

I will not be posting for a while (~2 weeks), I need to add money to my account to take trades I feel comfy with, this should be next week some time.

Chris

I agree w/ that move Chris. Scared money is no good in the markets and you need to get that comfort level built up again.

closed my system early yesterday and was out last night so will post yesterday and today now.

yesterday was very brutal --- I won a nice pot early in session and then pissed it away (and then some) trying to set up for the main range expansion move of the day --- I finally caught the directional short, but market just died in the narrowest range session in many months. so I never got to earn the lost blinds and antes back. kind of like waiting to flop a hand and then finally hitting your straight for a big pot, only to learn your oppenent was holding the same exact straight hand so no payday (ended up stopping breakeven despite a decent entry and an initial downward thrust).

today (Wednesday) was another narrow day but I made a nice play early and led to a pretty decent day to wipe out Tuesdays loss and then some.

still, this is a tough market, range-wise. looking forward to more 'normal' days ahead.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10094&stc=1&d=1239225634

attachment.php?attachmentid=10095&stc=1&d=1239225673

5aa70ec2629e4_20090407TuesdayTrades.thumb.png.775903108d0f1c13036d7af71359f370.png

5aa70ec26fd2f_20090408WednesdayTrades.thumb.png.3b0bc69e97d8db756833cd249007e8d3.png

Edited by Frank

No setups on Monday or Tuesday.

Wednesday: I traded yesterday (Wednesday, April 8th ) but when I went to generate my summary report, no trades showed up. I did it again today and no trades show up for Wednesday, April 8th. Very strange.

It was a down day. First trade profitable second trade a loser. That second trade was a horrible entry and I should know better. I did not follow my entry technique at all. Got emotional. Stopped for the day.

P&L ($144)

Today went smooth. The market had a lot of chop, which I stayed out of. Occasionally a window of opportunity arrived. Three trades this morning, all profitable. Followed my trading plan 100%. Feels good! :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=10112&stc=1&d=1239283589

EC_Day_04.thumb.jpg.eaf8c2c4eb6b5a1f3a09c2ad00786835.jpg

Past week has seen low volume days in the market. I've written a post on my blog being able to adjust to the different types of days if anyone is interested.

Happy trading!