Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

gtnicosia

Help with Counters

I am trying to create a condition using time and indicator value counters.

It's not working :haha:

What I want to do is set a condition that states price has been below the VWAP for N% of the trading session. (from today's session open until current time)

If someone could help with this, I would be very greatful.

thanks

Hi guys ,

Sorry that I posted here if in wrong place; I need to do a backtest on a simple method, is there a thread for that.

Many Thanks,

email

You have to do backtesting in your trading software and not in a thread.

You have to do backtesting in your trading software and not in a thread.

Hi sevensa,

Thanks for answering, I know that you have to backtest on the trading platform. I should have made myself more clear. I do not have a clue how to do a backtest that is the problem, that is why I was asking if there is thread that someone can post an idea and someone can backtested.

I figured people ask for indicators all the time why not ask for backtest.

Can someone help me here with a simple backtest.

Many thanks.

email

Hi Tams,

I use Sierra and MT4, I have tradestation with owndata but do not know how to use it.

Thanks a million

which platform do you want to use this counter?

if you can write out your logic in pseudo code, you are half way there.

Hi sevensa,

Thanks for answering, I know that you have to backtest on the trading platform. I should have made myself more clear. I do not have a clue how to do a backtest that is the problem, that is why I was asking if there is thread that someone can post an idea and someone can backtested.

I figured people ask for indicators all the time why not ask for backtest.

Can someone help me here with a simple backtest.

Many thanks.

email

Why don't you start a thread and post your ideas? However if you expect that someone will write a system for you and backtest it for free, you might not have much luck get any takers.