Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlowFish

Sureal Nonsence.

...here is a few more by the looks of it..

chiietan

kunkywarjit

tamygouri

anahnta

Looks like they are copying people verbatim here within the forum in some cases...

crafty little devils....

Best

John

Couple of more fellas

achdfuta

joyfhdeep

bhajfvsar

shvjrtank

neejkraj

Hey David here's a couple of ideas I dont know if it might help;

Get your programmers to do a search and automatically ban any poster under 10 posts (before doing this keep who you think is real...!! lol...) Then set up a different way for anyone new to apply for membership that requires a special approval code that is kept hidden and then when the sweep under 10 posts is conducted you cannot elliminate the true members with this hidden profile code.

or if checking their timing of their posting eg Bogus posts might be coming all within the space of a second or two...so ban multiposts from the same name that post within say a 15-30 second (or less) period and that have posts totalling under 10.

Just a couple of ideas.

All the Best

john

Hi, Thanks for the notice. We have been adding further anti-spam protection. We even ran a system upgrade today but still experiencing mass pm spam. I have lowered the daily limit for a registered members (except premium) to 5 pm's a day. We also had a link detector by new members to alert spam.

However, the problem is spam bots are now using techniques like copying a random post and making 5 posts to abuse the pm system. I am working on ways to prevent this as well. Thank you.

Something that would help (after the fact) would be a 'report this post' button perhaps? I don't think you have one of those but features get added so often I am not sure :)

Something that would help (after the fact) would be a 'report this post' button perhaps? I don't think you have one of those but features get added so often I am not sure :)

Yep we do. Its report.gif for spam :)