Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlowFish

Dreaming of Trading/trades

Anyone ever have dreams about trading? I had one last night which is odd as trading is not particularly at the forefront of my concious thinking right now.

I dreamt I took a short trade as price moved out of a multi day range , it broke down retraced a bit and formed a 'box' below the range and I went short. I held longer than usual and went to close a very profitable position and had platform troubles and could not. I decided to just hold over night rather than phone and close it or hedge.

The following day price did a gap and go and kept plunging lower I closed at 6400 for a profit of 34,000 euros per contract. Price finally bottomed at 6300. Not sure what the instrument was. I did deduce at this point that I had not been able to close the trade the day before as the platform was not logged in!

Anyone ever have dreams about trading? I had one last night which is odd as trading is not particularly at the forefront of my concious thinking right now.

I dreamt I took a short trade as price moved out of a multi day range , it broke down retraced a bit and formed a 'box' below the range and I went short. I held longer than usual and went to close a very profitable position and had platform troubles and could not. I decided to just hold over night rather than phone and close it or hedge.

The following day price did a gap and go and kept plunging lower I closed at 6400 for a profit of 34,000 euros per contract. Price finally bottomed at 6300. Not sure what the instrument was. I did deduce at this point that I had not been able to close the trade the day before as the platform was not logged in!

Freud could have fun with your dream... Hmmm. dreaming of a "box"? Holding out longer? trouble with your platform when you tried to close? lol

Hey Blowfish,

I've had several market dreams before and the majority of them played out almost to a tee the next morning. When I did follow up trading those dreams the next day it was very surreal. Even though I would have placed the trades anyway following my edge, it felt as though I had already traded this exact scenario the night before. If you’re having market dreams you must have been trading for a few years and to a certain degree become intuitive about market behaviour. I didn’t start developing small market intuition until earlier this year after trading for over 5 years.

I find it best to be open minded about those dreams but not to be too biased one direction.

Anyone ever have dreams about trading? I had one last night which is odd as trading is not particularly at the forefront of my conscious thinking right now.

Ha, yeah it doesn’t have to be! Do you know that he have over 60,000 thoughts a day and sleeping provides the time to organize and file or conscious and unconscious thoughts throughout the day. Also whatever you watch / experience 60 minutes before you fall asleep is what were most liked to think about the majority of our sleep.( this is why falling asleep in front of the TV in an induced state is terrible) Market dreams are very powerful because during out sleep we tap into the non-linear quantum field. A place where the past, present, and future exits at the same time.

I truly believe that market dreams are us simply tapping into a parallel moment that is already happening within the quantum field. When we take action on those trades the next morning we simply bring the experience from the invisible to the physical.

Ryan:)

Related but in light of the minimal interest not worthy of its own thread :) is the idea of 'hunches'. There are a couple of instances in Reminissences of a stock operator where Livermore talks about 'hunches'. He puts this down to information that he has accumulated subconsciously about market conditions. He believed hunches where worth following up.

I have! In my dreams i can see the chart and the money keep pouring in! When i woke up i'm not sure i was dreaming or not... turned out i was...

img1.jpgimg2.jpg

img3.jpgimg4.jpg

img9.jpgimg10.jpg

:(