Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Suzy

How long have you been trading?

I am new to this and actually just learning, I have not invested in any stocks, bonds or anything as of yet. I am still in the learning process. I believe when I actually I make the plunge, I am going to hire someone to help me because this is all over my head.

So I am wondering how long have you all be trading and such?

Well i am also new in trading but i have about seven month experience. I have invested in some stocks but not international. I invested it in Indian markets. I buy some mid-cap stocks and invested some money in mutual funds.

I made some money the first month because of luck, lost some money the second because of inexperience, lost alot of money the third month because of inexperience and aggressiveness. The fourth month on, I slowly recovered because of good trades and money management; I am getting on the roll since. Don't be afraid to do trades by yourself, mistakes are what you need to be good in the market, but play it small just to learn the rope before you dive in for a big splash.

Hi phil895,

Welcome to the club :) Do you day trade or swing trade?

Wish you the best in your trading journey. Feel free to post any questions on the forum.... theres plenty of good traders here willing to help.

Regards,

Soultrader

James, Thanks for the welcome, I invested in swing trades to keep the account steady, some shorts but usually not day trades and alot of options. I like option because its doesn't take any of my time, I can just leave my desk for days with out checking the stocks.

Been trading for 5 years and still learning. Slower learner and getting somewhere I think. Once a newbie always a newbie. Why? I still make mistakes, always new mistakes to be made, always something about myself that still needs perfecting, and of course, the market always teach new things everyday. There's always som ewhere new to learn and never stop learning.

I've been trading options for a bit over a year now and have started day trading index futures just within the past month or so. Options were fun...but index futures are way more fun! (though, have been a bit hard on the pocketbook while I'm learning them....)