Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

trbates

Tradestation Strategy Question

Whenever I add a strategy to my tradestation charts nothing shows up. I thought that I was just writing the code incorrectly ... so I tried strategies that come with the platform. Nope, still nothing ...

Has anyone else seen this? It makes back testing a tad bit difficult :)

Thanks

Travis

It would be more helpful if you just give specific examples, such as name of instrument eg @ES, 3min, 1500 bars back, name of strategy....

In general, the lack of signals is due to the lack of number of bars in the study. Try using more bars and format the strategy, Properties for all to use max bar study will reference to eg 100, 150, 200 etc. It is also possible that your strategy just doesn't generate any signals for the given period.

Thanks for the quick reply thrunner ... I'm trading the EURUSD spot on a 3 min chart (5 days back). I've tried messing with the bars back setting all with the same result ... no triggers. As to what strategy I'm using ... it doesnt seem to matter, none of them produce any triggers. I've tried strategies that I have written, strategies that other people have written, and strategies that are bundled with the platform ... none seem to work. I can only assume that the strategies that come with the platform would produce signals. (that they were coded properly)

Anyone else seen this? Its probably that I'm simply over looking something simple ... but I can't find what it is for the life of me :)

Thanks again

Travis

Change your symbol from FOREX to @ESZ08 and see if you get some trades. If you do - then your strategy is not handling the small values of the FOREX symbol. If not - then you have something basic setup wrong.

Hi,

I use 3'd party data for strategy testing. On TS 8.2 evrithing was fine. But on the newer TradeStation versions (8.4, 8.5 and 8.6) TradeStation always waiting while load strategy on my 3'd party data.

The data example:

Date,Open,Close,High,Low,Volume

03/01/00,495.48,502.66,505.26,494.95,152718345

04/01/00,498.10,483.26,498.10,481.59,146669681

File name TA.csv

simbol name TA

Has anyone else seen this?

Thank you in advance,

FixMan

Once I add the strategy (and it's status is enabled), TS displays message:

"waiting for data"

"waiting for symbol attributes"

TS switches between these messages forever until I disable the strategy (by right mouse click->Enable/disable strategies->MyStrategy)

Hi,

I got an official response from TradeStation support about this problem:

"This only happens if you choose another language other than ENGLISH while going through the 3rd party import wizard. For instance if you choose Brazil as the language, the chart goes through an infinite loop of “waiting for data” due to an issue with the conversion factor – which is a known issue and will unfortunately need to be addressed on a future build of Tradestation.

".

So, after I have selected English language and defined a new simbol in the 3rd party import wizard, this really worked.

Now I don't get "waiting for data" message after addition of any strategy to any simbol with 3rd party ASCII data!!!

Dear Sirs / Mesdames

Thank you for your answer, however I am using Metastock-format imported data and also getting this continuous "waiting for data", "Waiting for symbol attributes", when applying any strategy to a chart.

I look forward to your solution.

Kind regards,

Barry Bilewitz

I have this very same problem with 3rd party data, it just alternates between:

"waiting for data"

Did anyone manage to find a fix as it only appears when I am using 3rd party data, and to follow the forum advice and delete the cache, this cant be done as 3rd party data is not in the cache to start with.

Thanks everyone

Once I add the strategy (and it's status is enabled), TS displays message:

"waiting for data"

TS switches between these messages forever until I disable the strategy (by right mouse click->Enable/disable strategies->MyStrategy)