Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

All of the material could not have been written by Wyckoff. The last date on the copyright page and many of the other pages is 1937, clearly after Wyckoff's time. Likewise, some of the charts, data, and narrative describe events that transpired after 1934---Wyckoff obviously could not have written that material. (The text also reads at times like an uncorrected OCR transcription.)

For example, "The Basic Law of Supply and Demand," "Judging the Market," etc., (copyright 1931) sound like Wyckoff. "How to Proceed with the Study..." (copyright 1937) does not. Other pages seem to be mixed, suggesting they were revised.

Guest Muir
What has been provided is the original course. If you doubt that, you are welcome to obtain your own copy from the Library of Congress. It will cost approximately $100 plus postage and handling.

Nice to see you back.

I just finished reading and studying DTB and PDF Method of tape reading. (all 405 pages)

Haven't finshed your book (but read all the books you recommended)

Usanet21,

From what I understand SMI has added some acronyms and other things to the original Wyckoff trading course. We, here adhere more to the original which is freely available here and is the core of what SMI is selling now.

Realistically, this site has enough Wyckoff material and guidance to make a reasonable trader out of you if you're disciplined and determined. If you still wish to spend the money go ahead and compare the two courses yourself. Basically it boils down to what you feel comfortable with.

There may be a way to perhaps compare the table of contents from SMI course and the Orginal Wyckoff Trading course here. This may give you an overview of how things stand.

As a disclaimer I don't have SMI Wyckoff course and am relaying something I have heard from other Wyckoff enthusiasts.

Gringo

Edited by Gringo

Guest usanet21
Usanet21,

From what I understand SMI has added some acronyms and other things to the original Wyckoff trading course. We, here adhere more to the original which is freely available here and is the core of what SMI is selling now.

Realistically, this site has enough Wyckoff material and guidance to make a reasonable trader out of you if you're disciplined and determined. If you still wish to spend the money go ahead and compare the two courses yourself. Basically it boils down to what you feel comfortable with.

There may be a way to perhaps compare the table of contents from SMI course and the Orginal Wyckoff Trading course here. This may give you an overview of how things stand.

As a disclaimer I don't have SMI Wyckoff course and am relaying something I have heard from other Wyckoff enthusiasts.

Gringo

Thanks Gringo. This tape reading course is selling at the SMI and its developed by Wyckoff himself. I do agree that the materials here given are the best, just wanted to know if anyone has a pdf copy of that 1931 original tape reading course and can share a copy here.

Thanks Gringo. This tape reading course is selling at the SMI and its developed by Wyckoff himself. I do agree that the materials here given are the best, just wanted to know if anyone has a pdf copy of that 1931 original tape reading course and can share a copy here.

Hi usanet21,

This same thread on page 4 has the pdf.

Note to DB: Please post the pdf in the top most sticky :

Wyckoff: The Original Course.

Edited by Gringo

Guest usanet21
Hi usanet21,

This same thread on page 4 has the pdf.

Note to DB: Please post the pdf in the top most sticky :

Wyckoff: The Original Course.

Hi Gringo, i had already downloaded that book. What i meant is Richard D Wyckoff Tape Reading Course NOT the Stock Market Science and Technique.

The tape reading course is a seperate course as compared to the stock market science and technique and it cost $495USD which can be found here: https://wyckoffstockmarketinstitute.com/shopcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=59

Hi Gringo, i had already downloaded that book. What i meant is Richard D Wyckoff Tape Reading Course NOT the Stock Market Science and Technique.

The tape reading course is a seperate course as compared to the stock market science and technique and it cost $495USD which can be found here: https://wyckoffstockmarketinstitute.com/shopcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=59

Hi usanet21,

Sorry about the incorrect response. The other good book about intraday-trading by Wyckoff I think is Studies in Tape Reading (aka: Day Trader's Bible). It's available in the skicky: Introduction

If it's not the book then I am not certain what else you are talking about. Wyckoff material and analysis works independent of bar interval. You could have daily or 1min bars and your interpretation more or less stays the same keeping the larger trend in perspective of course.

Gringo

Guest usanet21
Hi usanet21,

Sorry about the incorrect response. The other good book about intraday-trading by Wyckoff I think is Studies in Tape Reading (aka: Day Trader's Bible). It's available in the skicky: Introduction

If it's not the book then I am not certain what else you are talking about. Wyckoff material and analysis works independent of bar interval. You could have daily or 1min bars and your interpretation more or less stays the same keeping the larger trend in perspective of course.

Gringo

Hi Gringo, thanks. The DTB book is not really the same as the orginal tape reading book that cost USD 500. I saw an excerpt of it and it has much more technical information on it. But nevertheless, thanks!

Hey everyone,

as I believe ppl here are interested in obtaining the original course without paying for the full SMI course I want to tell you how to get your sample:

The Librarary of Congress has the 1931 as well as the 1937 typewritten, nonpublished The Richard D. Wyckoff Method of Trading and Investing in Stocks on microfilm and can pull it on paper for you.

Pricing for one of them with shipping to Europe is:

$ 14.00 set-up fee

$100.00 $.25 x 400 pages = $100.00

$ 45.00 shipping

$159.00

I am getting my copy via:

Ms. Margaret Kieckhefer

Mail: mkie@loc.gov

Office of Business Enterprises

Library of Congress

+1 (202) 707-2590 (office phone)

+1 (202) 707-1771 (office fax)

Hope this is useful information for some of you.

Best regards,

Flojo

I wouldn't suppose perchance that someone would have gone to the trouble of running it through a scanner....

In answer to my own question, I take it that the attached is the said same course...

I'm actually slightly confused as on the first page it states the title as, "Stock Market Science and Technique".

I would appreciate it if someone could outline the distinction between the two courses, if indeed there are two courses.

Incidentally, I also have a paperback copy of Studies In Tape Reading...

Also, I'm a Spot FX trader, so believe that I only actually require the, ‘Introduction to the Wyckoff Method of Stock Market Analysis’ section, could anyone clarify please? (I've attached an excerpt, but am unsure where to obtain the entire document).

Wyckoff - Method of Tape Reading-1.pdf

Edited by jaykay71

Guest usanet21
In answer to my own question, I take it that the attached is the said same course...

I'm actually slightly confused as on the first page it states the title as, "Stock Market Science and Technique".

I would appreciate it if someone could outline the distinction between the two courses, if indeed there are two courses.

Incidentally, I also have a paperback copy of Studies In Tape Reading...

Also, I'm a Spot FX trader, so believe that I only actually require the, ‘Introduction to the Wyckoff Method of Stock Market Analysis’ section, could anyone clarify please? (I've attached an excerpt, but am unsure where to obtain the entire document).

I think if I am not wrong, the tape reading course which cost USD $500 on SMI is a 97 page course. It teaches you how to read the tape proficiently. I had not seen the book, however, my friend showed me an excerpt of it and i must say it is good. I only had a quick glance.

If you are trading forex, it can also be applied to it as it teaches you how to read wave volume action. It doesnt matter what instrument you trade, as long as there is volume and price, Wyckoff method applies.

Guest usanet21
The Wyckoff Course in Stock Market Science cd

There's someone at the above link who seems to be selling all the original Wyckoff courses for $1000, but I don't really want to pay a grand if the material is freely available elsewhere.

I cant find the original tape reading course online. Wyckoff mentioned about this book in his course on Section 18M page 11, so presume its important.

Guest meokkee

If I can I would add Dr. Gary Dayton to this list of go to guys for learning. He studied with David Weiss who himself has a new book coming out this fall. He was one of the authors of Charting the Market the Wyckoff Way.

Of course the original course is still being offered at The Stock Market Institute. You can find the tape reading course out of scrib if you look.

But the best bang for the buck and one of the best teachers I have come across Gary Dayton he is very good. He also is a Duke trained psychologist and spent alot of time in the sports Psychology field. . He teaches that as well and that has really changed my trading.

By the way I have never recommended anyone to anybody.

If you tell him Bryant told you about him he may send me a nice email but nothing else. I promise. I just really would like to see everybody do well. He does have some free webinars posted on his site and just did one for SFO mag which is up as well.