Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bmills313

YM Data Feed on TradeStation

Hi all! New to TL but I love what I've seen thus far!

Quick question... I've been reading around here and I'm a little confused on the price of the data feed to trade the YM on TradeStation. Several posts here have mentioned $55 but when I look at TradeStation it says $10 for the CBOT mini contracts.

From TradeStation:

CBOT Data Package #1

- Mini-Sized Package and Mini-Sized Market-Depth: $10

CBOT Data Package #2

- Complete CBOT Exchange and CBOT Market Depth: $55

Since all I'm interested in is the YM and none of the other contracts on the CBOT, would I really need the 2nd data package for $55?

Thanks!

no you don't need the 2nd package. Welcome to the forum!

LOL...I left Tradestation over their poor communication on this. I thought it was $55 for the YM data. I had other issues with slippage but I loved the platform. I would have kept the account and did the minimum 10 trades per month had I known it was $10 per month for the data. Oh well...so long. ;)

Yeah i think I'll probably be doing 2 accounts with OEC or Mirus and trading enough on TS to get the platform for free. $10 is fine for the YM data feed, plus I'll probably add NYSE so I can get TICK/TRIN, etc.

BTW, if want the put/call ratio which data feed would I need for that?

Thanks!

LOL...I left Tradestation over their poor communication on this. I thought it was $55 for the YM data.....
It was free then CME raised it to $55 after the CBOT buy out, then they lost some volume and got some flak and they changed it back to $10. For an instrument to be succesful, they do have to attract all types of traders.

It was free then CME raised it to $55 after the CBOT buy out, then they lost some volume and got some flak and they changed it back to $10. For an instrument to be succesful, they do have to attract all types of traders.

Gotcha. I was with them when it was free and when they switched to $55 I had to give up on em. Add data fees to slippage and they weren't a broker I could afford to use any further. :(

The $10 change is good to know...thanks again. :)