Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Ignore Thread Feature Added

I have added an ignore thread button. This feature will allow you to ignore a thread and prevent it from showing up on your unread posts and search results. Please see pic below. Thanks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6636&stc=1&d=1211473203

ignorethread.jpg.2d7462193b147b4577b7edb8fde2406b.jpg

Guest forsearch

Is it also possible yet to mark all threads as read?

Let me look into this. Do you know of a board where is in place? A specific url perhaps as I am not familiar with this. Thanks.

I take it you mean just the individual thread? Because there is an option at the bottom of the main forum page to mark all forums as read.

Let me look into this. Do you know of a board where is in place? A specific url perhaps as I am not familiar with this. Thanks.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/

Look near the bottom guys, you can click on "mark forums read" just above the "need help" section.

Edit---

This is where HLM was referring to...just read his post. ;)

Guest forsearch
http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/

Look near the bottom guys, you can click on "mark forums read" just above the "need help" section.

Edit---

This is where HLM was referring to...just read his post. ;)

Great!

If you could just add that link "Mark ALL Forums Read" to the top of the "Unread Posts" page

it would make life easier, especially after a long weekend away from the computer.

Thanks again,

-fs

Edited by forsearch
clarity

I have added an ignore thread button. This feature will allow you to ignore a thread and prevent it from showing up on your unread posts and search results. Please see pic below. Thanks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6636&stc=1&d=1211473203

All I get on the drop-down is the first three options. I logged out and back in again, restarted the computer. Any suggestions?

Guest forsearch
All I get on the drop-down is the first three options. I logged out and back in again, restarted the computer. Any suggestions?

Not showing here either. :dito

Thats not it. I've got both browsers and only have 3. I also cleared cache and only have 3. So it must be user dependent.

And FWIW, I'm coming up with blank pages on all but the first pages of each of the book reviews . . .

It's not a FF issue, I have it on FF and IE.

James you probably have to check a box in the usergroups or tweak a usergroup setting in the add on's settings to enable the add on for non mods it seems. Only reason I could imagine I can see it and DB and others can't.

See why I said the ignore stuff is a waste of time fellas? ;)

We should mentally be able to ignore who we want, like filtering a noisy signal on a trade. LOL

See why I said the ignore stuff is a waste of time fellas? ;)

We should mentally be able to ignore who we want, like filtering a noisy signal on a trade. LOL

It's not a "who" thing. It's logging on in the morning and seeing long lists of threads with unread posts, many of which (the threads) one has no interest in. As for the ignore function that's applied to individuals, that's pretty much a waste of time.

It's not a "who" thing. It's logging on in the morning and seeing long lists of threads with unread posts, many of which (the threads) one has no interest in. As for the ignore function that's applied to individuals, that's pretty much a waste of time.

Gotcha, I just glance and pick the titles that appeal to me other than the ones I'm subscribed to. But I agree that 152 unread posts is daunting each morning. :missy:

Just don't ignore any of my threads and I'll fix it for ya. :o

J/K, I have no access to the settings as a mod. Only Admins can do that stuff.

Guest forsearch
As for the ignore function that's applied to individuals, that's pretty much a waste of time.

Perhaps. Of course, when mini-mods act up, you can't just block them, can you? But that's just grist for the mill, anyway.

it's logging on in the morning and seeing long lists of threads with unread posts, many of which (the threads) one has no interest in.

Exactly.

Simple way of fixing is to add that "Mark Thread Read" link to the top of the Unread Posts / New Posts page.

One click - and you're done.

-fs

Simple way of fixing is to add that "Mark Thread Read" link to the top of the Unread Posts / New Posts page.

-fs

And as soon as someone makes a new post, the thread pops up again. So you're not done.

Perhaps. Of course, when mini-mods act up, you can't just block them, can you? But that's just grist for the mill, anyway.

-fs

Of course we are all adults and can behave though right? :crap:

It takes 2 to have a pissing match, if one walks away and is the bigger man then the other is left with no reason to continue the BS.

Also James is a busy guy I'm sure, it's not like he can add a web code at someones beck n' call.

I would ask you to be more patient and less demanding.

Thanks,

MC