Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

The Lounge

T2W is just so general, without many specifics. Good for newbies to wade through the general subject of trading & gain an overview of what is required, but its not a suitable environment to try & progress things much further. The general collective psyche of members is very basic. Same goes for FF etc.

I'm surprised T2W can attract so many sponsors really. The mass sponsors, and now all the podcast blurb, are one reason why as a forum its all kept so basic IMO. This sponsorship culture attracts all the vendors etc. and it has become a vicious circle of non-content - 70% commercial, 70% newbie paper traders etc.

PS. i bet that T2W are aware of TL, and are worried by the exodus!

I suppose its just word of mouth that is bringing all the T2Wers here.

Edited by JT1

To be honest, I doubt it. People left long before wasp, me and you guys moved over last month. They didn't care then, and they probably won't now. After all, they've got 100000 members and the necessary views to attracts sponsors and vendors. They got all they need.

It's funny that even on ET they come to realize how crap they are: "This site is 95% joke with people flapping their gums just to watch themselves type." Now it's just a matter of time before T2W realizes too.

Edited by firewalker

T2W is just so general, without many specifics. Good for newbies to wade through the general subject of trading & gain an overview of what is required, but its not a suitable environment to try & progress things much further. The general collective psyche of members is very basic. Same goes for FF etc.

I'm surprised T2W can attract so many sponsors really. The mass sponsors, and now all the podcast blurb, are one reason why as a forum its all kept so basic IMO. This sponsorship culture attracts all the vendors etc. and it has become a vicious circle of non-content - 70% commercial, 70% newbie paper traders etc.

Agree with FW there. T2W/Paul is only interested in revenue and at least here, the owner actually trades!

T2W don't care if people leave because the membership ticks over, thus so does the sponsorship and Paul is happy.

I suppose its just word of mouth that is bringing all the T2Wers here.

Most were invited over by Firewalker and I. Some have had a look on their own then dissapeared again.

I wasn't aware that the "Traders Log" section of TL was a private forum.

Is membership upon invitation?

Cheers.

The main group were invited over yes. They were chosen for their skills and the fact they post live and enjoy the discussion of the markets, their trades, and their faults and weaknesses so they could bounce ideas of each other and learn or help each other. (hint, hint FX boys!)

Either that or because they work in a bank and it looks good! :o

I just received an FX market report that may be of interest to some of you. If interested please pm me, I do not wish to post it on the forum incase I get in any sort of trouble.

Did it say something along the lines of a retail trader is surpassing tier 1 banks in size and volume on GBPJPY during the UK/US sessions?

I told them not to say anything! :angry:

Did it say something along the lines of a retail trader is surpassing tier 1 banks in size and volume on GBPJPY during the UK/US sessions?

I told them not to say anything! :angry:

Yes, and a 5mil reward for anyone who can provide details of this individual. I believe their plan is to capture him, put him in a box and send him somewhere east as he is making a fool out of the big boys. :pc guru:

That sods law malarkey playing up again...........

Why did I just look at EU/GU and EJ. Why is the only market I have a trade in going nowhere why the rest make the best intraday moves in a month!

:angry:

sod.thumb.gif.2bdb23c76307847fc92446d333b7e674.gif

Edited by wasp

Ha! Your turn to feel it.

well, tbh, GJ was already ahead of EJ by a couple hundred so EJ was just playing catch up. I can't be in every pair so not that fussed!

some fun Youtubies for those out on a date :o

make sure you get the right outfit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvy8YEJzYVI&feature=related

first impressions are important:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSFE1GExsKk&feature=related

use just enough drugs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwKwBVvLc_E

be prepared for anything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx13_i8_2N8&feature=related

and use tact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Ci5cTgpTY&feature=related

enjoy :)

Morning one and all, last working day for me until 1/9/08, hope you all continue to trade well with minimal losses and maximum points, have a nice summer, bye for now

Morning one and all, last working day for me until 1/9/08, hope you all continue to trade well with minimal losses and maximum points, have a nice summer, bye for now

Enjoy the holidays Dinos! Before you go, how long does it take you to go "get make in the zone" when trading? Don't you feel the least bit tempted to look at the markets while away? Even if I take a break only for a couple of days, I often find myself thinking about what happened in the markets. Must be some sort of addiction :shocked:

Anyway... enjoy the good life, there's more to it than sitting in front of the screen eh :)

EBG, upto nothing mate, we have a place in South of France, we, "re-locate" each summer to get away from everything and fully re-charge batteries etc.

FW, yes, I am tempted to look, and generally as I am there myself for the first few weeks, I do,:), when the missus and kids come out in a few weeks, it would be more than my lifes worth to "work":), its not an easy job to just walk away and not look, well thats my experience anyway.

Lee, will do mate and keep up the good trading

Happy and prosperous trading guys

Now that i'm getting used to TL & the professional nature of the content that we all seem to be hoping to contribute, when i now look at the T2W list of new posts - much of it just looks like spam and i dont know where, if anywhere to start looking.

TL content is much more focused and streamlined, and theres a MUCH higher chance that any new TL posts will be more useful than T2W new posts IMO.

True, although to be fair to T2W it's easy with these types of board to subscribe to the threads you want to track, so it's not all doom and gloom. And even getting embroiled in a flame war on T2W beats talking to the bloomberg helpdesk (most of the time anyway) ;)

GJ