Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Trade Discussion and Analysis

What we've seen in the last couple of days is a little bit on the unusual side, Wasp. Is it possible you will be over-complicating your proven strat solely due to unusual circumstances? Or are you looking for an addition/confirmer solely for these times of unusual circumstances?

Look at the att chart on a smaller TF. You can see that S/R on those did not got broken thus, negating the longs. The problem with the 240m chart is one pip too high or low with the S/R and you are screwed, and every time, it landed the wrong side.

240m stays paramount but I will not be taking positions based on 240m alone, I will want to see the ST S/R broken too.

I need to look into it more but it would stop these problems. Hopefully.

shorter.thumb.gif.34d56f96e5261c43c181e8340eba3268.gif

PS: Maybe just switching to the daily frames when the daily range exceeds a certain level would suffice?

Ironically, I switched from dailies to 240m because of the range bound conditions!

The dailies made this obvious as I posted at the weekend but trade the 240m plan regardless!

was anyone expecting that 200 pip 30min drop?!

Right. I am off to nurse my wounds as this has been the shittiest week of the summer for me and the best movement to rub further salt in the wound :frustrated:

its probably no consolation whatsoever, but even us indicator-freaks are getting nowhere fast.

I am actually switching to paper-trading until next week. (the very day GBPUSD sells off mega)

dont take it personally, but its a peculiar form of satisfaction that even you SupRes guys dont have it easy.

I would expect some pushing and pulling around, then perhaps a retracement back to 208'ish before eventually reaching 204-205.

Price sure is moving fast... 204 is already here. Still no long signal in my book, but this was the target level for shorts. A push slightly through 204 with a fast comeback high would signal a long.

its probably no consolation whatsoever, but even us indicator-freaks are getting nowhere fast.

I am actually switching to paper-trading until next week. (the very day GBPUSD sells off mega)

dont take it personally, but its a peculiar form of satisfaction that even you SupRes guys dont have it easy.

The HMA's would have been beautiful this week!

Its annoying for everyone I think, partly due to everyone so used to trading a range only to get hit by a trend we all dream of yet always miss out on!

Great day for the trenders though!

On Sunday I posted a daily chart expecting this break to cause a down move. Never did I expect this size of a move. Why? Because whenever I have done the same thing in the same situation, it has bounced then continued up!

I think in this case it has more to do with the trader not identifying S/R correctly, instead of the market behaving strangely.

Fwiw, I know see a failure to make a lower low on support (on the miniscule 5minute chart that is). Going lower here is still risky but here is my papertrade: long @ 204.17.

The HMA's would have been beautiful this week!

Its annoying for everyone I think, partly due to everyone so used to trading a range only to get hit by a trend we all dream of yet always miss out on!

!

Which reminds me of the trouble I had in July... June was extremely trending and I didn't except the NQ to stay rangebound for so long. We should've switched places then and back now!

It wasn't the market this time. It was all me. I have no excuses apart from bad placement of S/R.

I have pulled the kitchen knife out of my hand and bandaged it up and away we go again!

Oh, and must stop playing with my nieces, posting shit on T2W to start arguments and stop trying to keep the No1 slot over there too.

-----------

As Mr Pink said to the others..............

''Both of you guys got ten years on me and I'm the only one acting like a professional.''

I'm NOT Mr Pink in this equation.

Fwiw, I know see a failure to make a lower low on support (on the miniscule 5minute chart that is). Going lower here is still risky but here is my papertrade: long @ 204.17.

Keep in mind I know nothing of this instrument, and I would like to know what the average movement per timeframe is, but I'm placing below the low of that the lowest bar, which would be about at 203.95.

Keep in mind I know nothing of this instrument, and I would like to know what the average movement per timeframe is, but I'm placing below the low of that the lowest bar, which would be about at 203.95.

At the moment, I'd say don't ask me! but, at the moment, I would bbe looking for 204 to hold, if not........................??

It wasn't the market this time. It was all me. I have no excuses apart from bad placement of S/R.

Bad S/R placement has caused me a whole lot more trouble than you can imagine! smbtnt will confirm as well...

Oh, and must stop playing with my nieces, posting shit on T2W to start arguments and stop trying to keep the No1 slot over there too.

Especially the last part :o

As Mr Pink said to the others..............

Check out 'Interview', he's good there as well.

At the moment, I'd say don't ask me! but, at the moment, I would bbe looking for 204 to hold, if not........................??

Well it looks like I was a bit premature (rarely happens ;))

It's still a potential shakeout if we climb back above 204.

A push slightly through 204 with a fast comeback high would signal a long.

203.85 and right back up to 204. I need to listen to myself more. The plan was to wait for this to happen, then go long on confirmation if price goes back above 204. It has yet to do that, so my trade was not according to plan!

Anyhow, with 45 minutes till US markets, I'll better start focusing on my own instruments instead of messing around elsewhere.

Anyhow, with 45 minutes till US markets, I'll better start focusing on my own instruments instead of messing around elsewhere.

Yes, I think we find it all too easy to become distracted and not concentrate on what we are doing. (T2W, taking the piss out of Belgium, looking at other markets).

Come on chaps, bit more professionalism.

These support/resistance lines are all valid to me, Wasp. The problem as I see it is that the momentum down is just horrifically strong and is causing them to tumble like dominoes. I don't think it's a problem with your strat.

Time to go to paper until this thing settles down.

These resistance lines are all valid to me, Wasp. The problem as I see it is that the momentum down is just horrifically strong and is causing them to tumble like dominoes. I don't think it's a problem with your strat.

Time to go to paper until this thing settles down.

I see problems with some of my levels and I think I had too many and there importance had waned yet I kept them regardless.

Removing some which held little strength at the most recent areas (despite their strength prior) would have meant more success.

I see problems with some of my levels and I think I had too many and there importance had waned yet I kept them regardless.

Removing some which held little strength at the most recent areas (despite their strength prior) would have meant more success.

There is no way to predetermine their effectiveness, is there?

There is no way to predetermine their effectiveness, is there?

There are/were levels which had been of importance but the last time price was at said level, it was of no importance. Those levels become less of use and can be removed. as they are no longer S or R.

Attached are the 2 variations.

old.thumb.gif.14063b52bc90970d3904bf9d6322a573.gif

new.thumb.gif.59ea4729a0c502733d09be86e7a260c5.gif

There are/were levels which had been of importance but the last time price was at said level, it was of no importance. Those levels become less of use and can be removed. as they are no longer S or R.

Attached are the 2 variations.

I took a look at both versions, and they appear to be identical to me?

I can see the changes now. I was seeing the same file before, but now it's different. Maybe you changed it? Or my browser crapped up. No matter. I can see the differences now. Thanks.

I still cannot believe what I am seeing; the possible profits, and knowing I missed the lot! (and bought into it losing money instead!)

It should have been the best week of the year and I should be on the phone to my travel agent ffs!

wow.thumb.gif.734f16bf5f51655851460acc9b5a0ec3.gif