Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

bah, i just got off my holiday and seen how good the trading would of been for me :hmpf:

well you're welcome to post some of the more profitable trades now that you're back :)

btw, DOW long 12237, stop 17.

well you're welcome to post some of the more profitable trades now that you're back :)

btw, DOW long 12237, stop 17.

... out -20

ES holding steady though... only YM that's falling really

DOW long 12230

promise I am not stalking you, but most of your trades seem to be triggered around the main pivot point, with a variance of hardly ever more than 10 points.

(on Dow and SPX mostly; havent checked others)

is that a coincidence?

(good calls by the way; I am sulking from two bad shorts on FX this morning; total losses amounting to -49.)

promise I am not stalking you, but most of your trades seem to be triggered around the main pivot point, with a variance of hardly ever more than 10 points.

(on Dow and SPX mostly; havent checked others)

is that a coincidence?

I think it probably is, because I've never used nor calculated pivot points... what other numbers do you have for today?

On the DOW I have 12230 and 12320, on the ES 1363.

Is everybody still okay with the way things are going here (as per posting live trades that is)?

I've noticed that there have been little live trades lately...

Just been taking some time out but back around now.

Happy to post...

I believe that a Live Trade thread should be just that...

Post live trades and perhaps a comment why you have done it.

I think you said thats what the aim was somewhere...

Back in T2W you seemed to enforce this much more...Here in fact there are many rooms to post different things in...with many more topics covered...yet on this thread it seems anyone can post anything...

If you are not going to post live trades to have your success and failures for all to see/share perhaps change the thread name to .."Trades and chat"

If it goes back to trade posting only plus a comment from all the traders I will start posting again..

However in good faith here is one from me...

a) Short Dax 6824

b) stop 40

c) reason looks very overbought... 12310 Dow strong resistance

I believe that a Live Trade thread should be just that...

Post live trades and perhaps a comment why you have done it.

I think you said thats what the aim was somewhere...

Back in T2W you seemed to enforce this much more...Here in fact there are many rooms to post different things in...with many more topics covered...yet on this thread it seems anyone can post anything...

Well, the purpose and goal has never changed and THIS is the only thing that should be in this thread is LIVE trades (indices). There are several other threads now to discuss or comment on anything else (The Lounge, Trade Discussion & Analysis, and Off, Yet On Topic).

I think most members have pretty much followed those rules, but I'll keep an eye out if there's too much chatter going on. There's nothing wrong with just a small explanation why you entered or exited. Everybody is free to report posts which they feel are inappropriate though, I can't keep an eye on everything at the same time...

Good trading.

Going to add a d) to my posts...the last 2 should have had a d) swing trade..that means opened with the expectation that , if not stopped out it might be held overnight and closed tomorrow.. Its done as a "contract" trade in this case June 2008

I will also post other trades denoted "short term" that might be in the same or opposite direction.. which although more than scalps (hopefully) will be trades that will be held for a hour or less.. and will have a correspondingly tighter stop... these will have a lower win loss ratio % than the "swing trades" and are executed as "rolling cash" trades

FW..comment "I think most members have pretty much followed those rules, but I'll keep an eye out if there's too much chatter going on. There's nothing wrong with just a small explanation why you entered or exited"

Totally agree... nothing wrong with a bit of chat / comment but if you are not going to be posting live trades you should not be posting at all to the "live trades" thread imo.

I would be interested on your thoughts on the above..

Basically why should I bother posting my trades if others are not going to post their trades / positions..?

Don't understand all this short talk. Dow futures almost static for the last 2 hours - there's massive buying demmand waiting on the sidelines after the noise (sorry 'news').

Opened a small long on the dow fut at 326 and a limit long at 303.

Limit to close 400.

a) Short FTSE 5884

b) stop 5904

c) reason same as Dax post earlier.

Closing this ahead of figures will restablish Short later on...

closed 5898 -14

Don't understand all this short talk. Dow futures almost static for the last 2 hours - there's massive buying demmand waiting on the sidelines after the noise (sorry 'news').

Opened a small long on the dow fut at 326 and a limit long at 303.

Limit to close 400.

Just to add - people aren't hedging against the news - the ftse is at the days high 25 mins before housing AND ppi - they just dont care what the news is...

FW..comment "I think most members have pretty much followed those rules, but I'll keep an eye out if there's too much chatter going on. There's nothing wrong with just a small explanation why you entered or exited"

Totally agree... nothing wrong with a bit of chat / comment but if you are not going to be posting live trades you should not be posting at all to the "live trades" thread imo.

I would be interested on your thoughts on the above..

Basically why should I bother posting my trades if others are not going to post their trades / positions..?

Well it clearly wouldn't be fair towards those who do contribute, but by first impression most people who post do actually contribute in the live trading aspect. But we'll keep an eye out for any 'infractions' for that matter and everybody is free to let us know if they are issues, but perhaps best to continue the discussion in the other thread "Off, yet On topic".