Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Nvesta81

If You Could Only Recommend 1 Trading Book?

Yes a good question. I believe it should be Stan Weinsteins "Secrets for Profiting in Bull & Bear Markets". If you aim at reading more than one book in your trading career and you're a beginner, reading, studying and applying whats in this book will put you a long way ahead of the majority of market participants. Very best of luck!

Tradergirl

Edited by MC

as the title says, if you could only recommend 1 trading book, which would it be?

I've only read about 3 so far and to be honest I haven't found much value in them. Most of what I've learned I had to learn the hard way, from trial and error and just plain screen time. I'm looking to expand my knowledge as much as I can so I'd like to buy a new trading book. I'm hoping some of you more experienced traders can lend me a hand and point me in the right direction. Thanks. :cool:

'New Frontiers in Fibonacci Trading' by Michael jardine is a very good book. Well worth reading it should help. It did for me.

I thought this sort of thing was illegal but it got an honorable mention in "Microsoft at work" recently so it must be OK, it doesn't want your name or email address you just give it the name of an author or a book title or just "Gann" or "Fibonacci" and occasionally you get lucky, the free version is a bit slow but as the average book is about $50 to $150 you still save heaps

In our climate here the paper back books just fall to pieces in 6 months or so with the humidity so it is far better to have them on disk

http://www.4shared.com/network/search.jsp?sortType=1&sortOrder=1&sortmode=2&searchName=technical+analysis&searchmode=2&searchName=technical+analysis&searchDescription=&searchExtention=&sizeCriteria=atleast&sizevalue=10&start=0

I just tested it and it works OK for me

Firstly I would not recommend a book, i would recommend that you read the help files from "Incredible Charts" just Google it for a free charting system with a great help system.

When you have a grip on it then go to the "Favourite Website's " thread on this site and there is a list of good educational websites that I have put there. These cover most aspects of charting the only info I have not been able to pick up directly from the net is stuff about Position sizing and Psychology of trading but PFD;s are avaliable if you look hard enough.

as the title says, if you could only recommend 1 trading book, which would it be?

I'm looking to expand my knowledge as much as I can so I'd like to buy a new trading book. I'm hoping some of you more experienced traders can lend me a hand and point me in the right direction. Thanks. :cool:

If only one it would be :

Profits in the Stock Market /with charts by H. M. Gartley

erie

If only one it would be :

Profits in the Stock Market /with charts by H. M. Gartley

erie

Isn't that book out of print and is there a reprint available?

Any idea where I can find a copy ?

Edit: I found it. It is like a complete trading course, almost 500 pages.

Edited by OAC