Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Online War Game to Pass Some Time

this is too funny. Bf, I will join you as soon as I understand this game.

Come on James! We need you on the front lines! The crew is only as strong as the weakest link...

Pull your weight or you will be demoted soldier.

:did I say that?:

Well, I figured out how to lose this game...

:doh:

Attack people when you are bored and then watch them come back later and just DESTROY you. I mean, destroy. I was over $1mill net worth last night and now I am $294k.

Talk about a drawdown. :confused:

Here's a sample of what my attack log looks like (this is just one page):

attachment.php?attachmentid=5367&stc=1&d=1204392886

5aa70e4244639_tlmutiliation.png.ed46bc50fb502b02c6b73c5d37a2b387.png

Here is probably the most telling statistic of all:

attachment.php?attachmentid=5368&stc=1&d=1204393749

Here's the deal:

IF you decide to attack, you must just attack and re-attack someone. I simply just attacked someone ONE time and then in turn opened the gates for them to attack me whenever they felt like it.

So if you are going to attack someone (I do not recommend it), you need to have a ton of turns and plan to just attack them over and over until the game doesn't allow you anymore.

Going forward, our crew needs to coordinate attacks as well.

5aa70e4247667_tlmutiliation.png.67298f5862d5c34bc98836509281136e.png

QUICKEST WAY TO LEVEL UP

I found this a little confusing, so posting here as a reference. To level up, the quick and easy way is to click RAISE FUNDS under the ACTIONS MENU and then use your turns in the SPECIAL TRAINING option.

It looks like you need recruits and level to do this, but you just need recruits and then you EARN level.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5369&stc=1&d=1204395392

5aa70e424d771_tllevel.png.cff7dfc539c7a7e1002b5e6461b10dd5.png

OK first the caveat - I like my games. So anyway having a few hours to kill today and having used all my turns I thought I'd have a search round and see what was going on in the world of browser games. Anyway long story short I came across Pentacore http://www.pentacore.eu/ I found it rather compelling so far and quite interesting in an abstract sort of way. It certainly seems to have an elegance of design.

Anyway I certainly don't want to divert focus from our efforts here but so far I was quite impressed (despite it being pretty complex and a little slow to start). I dont get anything from referals but thought I'd mention it as it deserves support.

We now return control to your regular battle ground :)

Attention DTU:

We've been talking about a crew attack (where we attack another crew) and I think we should plan at least one here before this round is up.

I think (at this point) we need to focus on getting our entire crew over at least $1M in net worth.

Here's our status up to this point:

attachment.php?attachmentid=5380&stc=1&d=1204472527

Going forward it would be nice to try to coordinate our crew so each of us can focus on accumulating something. For example, I have been trying to build up the guided missiles.

What do you guys think?

5aa70e427d12f_tlcrew.png.872953fce831be80376ea0d4265fd2d8.png

When looking at the possibility of retaliating against an individual just don't look at the number of recruits. It appears that there are strong combinations that don't require a large amounts of recruits to do damage. An individual that has an extremely high level, key weapons, and defense systems (with very little recruits) can do more damage and be harder to fight back than an individual that has a large amount of recruits. Terrorist seem to use this approach. However, this is currently just a casual observation that may or may not be that important (still just in experimentation mode). For the next round it may be important that we cover all grounds when developing our forces.

Hi BF,

you said: For example, I have been trying to build up the guided missiles.

My expression is so far, and I've attacked no one yet, so maybe I'm wrong,

that Guided Missiles make only sense, if you already own all cheaper things.

It seems to me, that behind the names and pictures are only

Attack and/or Defence Bonus points that a player buys.

How much investing will be in Attack and/or Defence is a strategic/tactic deccission.

But you basically should make your investment after looking at

Cost / Bonus point.

Seeing it this way, one should buy the simple weapons first, as much you are allowed to buy.

OK, enough for now, I will focus now on buying more defensive weapons, because of NukeVille (got one (10) hit already and lost).

Tomorrow might be time for my revenge.

See you,

Hal

Indeed Hal, Im waiting for some one to put all the costs vs. attack/defence ratings into a spreadsheet! Me im far too lazy but with a bit of mental arithmetic and lazy rounding off the cheap items seem to give the most bang per buck, that is until you get to sergeant then the fighters seem more 'efficient'.

The one thing I have not got a feel for yet is how important levels are (except for unlocking better hardware). I have been attacked by people of higher level with minimal losses. Incidentally the more efficient way of getting levels seem to be attacking territories that have people in (10 levels for 7 turns). Actually battlefields same a good way to raise troops money or levels. The only thing I have not compared with so far is out and attacking.

The one thing I have not got a feel for yet is how important levels are (except for unlocking better hardware). I have been attacked by people of higher level with minimal losses. Incidentally the more efficient way of getting levels seem to be attacking territories that have people in (10 levels for 7 turns). Actually battlefields same a good way to raise troops money or levels. The only thing I have not compared with so far is out and attacking.

BF - the levels are super important for nuking. Not sure how much more there is to the levels besides that. I am almost at 6000 level and tomorrow morning when I have a ton of turns, I will be nuking everything I possibly can which will increase the recruits and/or $. Just a big domino effect with the level thing. If you only have 1000 or 2000 level, your nuking opportunities are very small. As far as I can tell, nuking is the quickest and SAFEST way to build your stuff up.

BF - the levels are super important for nuking. Not sure how much more there is to the levels besides that. I am almost at 6000 level and tomorrow morning when I have a ton of turns, I will be nuking everything I possibly can which will increase the recruits and/or $. Just a big domino effect with the level thing. If you only have 1000 or 2000 level, your nuking opportunities are very small. As far as I can tell, nuking is the quickest and SAFEST way to build your stuff up.

BF - you also need level in order to get the cool, fun weapons:

attachment.php?attachmentid=5383&stc=1&d=1204523678

So it appears the levels are for nuking and getting stronger weapons. Not sure if the actual level # matters in a fight per say, but it does matter if you are up against some strong weapons as a result of a higher level...

Finally got some sub's tonight! :)

5aa70e428e3db_tlcg.png.2a83d98a6f7729ddd42f78cde37ce336.png

Yes indeed levels are needed to become seargent etc. The difference in weapons you get there is not that great until you have exhausted the low level (and cheep) weapons. I wonder if I can make a spreadsheet without keying all the data?

As for levels the only thing that I can see it give access too are new combo weapons and of course nukeing more countries. Having said that my feeling is that the most rapid way to advance both levels and recruits (and cash for that matter) are 'high risk' battlegrounds. I'm not sure what the high risk low risk setting does to be honest. But I have a hunch*.

Apart from the risk setting there is the greater actual risk of being in a battlefield where you an be attacked by anyone without repurcussion. Having said that I have been attacked (in battlefields) by people 4 or 5 times my level and beaten them with minimal casualties. This makes me figure level is not directly inputed into combat resolution of course indirectly you have access to 'better' gear.

Kinda busy but I should do some tips for battlefields...most are common sense dont hang round if you arent doing anything. retrain and rest recruits when you get more. Always look twice in a battlefield (especially if you see 5 troops there) before attacking. In fact scouta round a bit to see if there are any whales operating. And my personal favourite unmerciful wipe out minnows hopefully without them even knowing who hit them :)

Cheers,

* My hunch is that you can't be attacked by absolutely anyone in battlefields but the high risk low risk setting determines how much higher a player can wack you. Seems plausible. I dunno I am on high risk all the way so far. Low risk is for pansies and ellioticians :D

Nuking is awesome. Today i logged on and nuked every single possible target available to me and made a ton on money recruits and level. Im not level 4600 so not doing too badly. After nuking you can afford to buy a helluva lot of stuff and with the recruitment increase you can easily hold a territory while you exploit it for funds and more recruits.

Nuking the following countries produced troops:

New Caledonia

Gabon

Afghanistan

Puerto Rico

Iraq

Kuwait

The following produced well over a 6 billion each:

Albania

Ethipoia

Cuba

Equador

Yugoslavia

Need info for Brazil, China, and Qatar

Dunno, seems to me you get a fair bit more from battlefields. Which kind of makes sense as nuking is risk free battlefields are well....battlefields.

You seem to get 10 levels for 7 turns hitting a player there.

1000 odd recruits for 15 turns

Cash I cant remember I think its something like 20,000,000,000 per 25 turns.

Thats with about 100k terrorists comitted to the campaign.

Pleas post what you get from various manouvers so we can gauge how different strats work.

OH btw this spreadsheet would seem to suggest you switch to planes after maxing up to launchers.

Cheers.

EDIT: cant get google to allow others to enter info into the sheet. There's another fairly major online office suite anyone know what its called? Ive forgotten

We need to attack liamrules ASAP. Him and some of his crew is hitting us regularly. No more sitting back, let's see what happens here.

We should start with liamrules and hit him until we max it out (75 attacks per day). ONLY attack if you are close or higher in stuff to beat him.

We should plan to do this TODAY. Between everyone in the crew, we should be able to reach the 75 max today.

EDIT - I WILL BE ATTACKING BEFORE THE 9:30AM OPEN. IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE CREW COULD ALSO ATTACK SOMETIME TODAY AS WELL.

USERNAME TO ATTACK: liamrules

CREW: xSoldiersOfHeavenx

DISREGARD OTHER ATTACK NOTICE ON THE CG FORUM. THIS REQUIRES OUR ATTENTION. I WILL CONTACT ALLIES AS WELL.

Edited by brownsfan019

Will be attacking liam 25 times in a row in 5 minutes.

That leaves 50 more times he can be attacked by the rest of us.

Make sure to get those attacks in TODAY so we can REPEAT TOMORROW.

ALSO - ONLY ATTACK LIAM FOR NOW. WE DO NOT WANT TO OPEN THE FLOOD DOOR TO OTHERS IN HIS CREW.

Update here for those reading the thread but not playing - WE ARE HAVING A BLAST. This is a real team game and our team is coming together.

We have TWO open spots on our crew, which means if you want to join and play on our team, we have two spots right now. First come, first serve.

Click here to join Combat Grounds and get going!