Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Traders Laboratory Feedback on Multimedia

I wanted to thank those who have brought multimedia learning experiences into Traders Laboratory. Especially jperl, walterw, and Sebastian for providing the wonderful trading videos.

I wanted to receive some feedback on this feature from the fellow members at TL. First, I value visual learning tremendously. Alot of things are easier to grasp visually at times. Same with audio... I personally am hooked to audio books compared to books.

I am looking to make multimedia learning experiences more interactive in which more members can start posting trading videos for various reason:

1. To share knowledge and receive feedback

2. To ask questions using vidoes for personal development

3. Simply because you love to!

I would like to receive any ideas or features members may want to implement regarding trading videos. I had a brief discussion about making a youtube format but this does not seem like a good idea. On the other hand, I was thinking of a credit based system in which video publishers could charge credit per video download. For example, a 30min tutorial may cost $1 per download, etc... However, I am not too keen on this idea at the moment.

The thing I want to introduce is incenstives to get this area of learning more interactive. OR any format that could help bring more videos for traders to share and learn.

Personally, posting all the videos and threads have helped me grow as a trader. I truly believe that teaching or sharing is a personal development as much as helping others. Now, the more experienced traders may disagree. (lucky you!)

So, I am up for any suggestions. I understand some traders do not have the tech and tools to setup video recordings. Perhaps I can help on this matter as well.

Please leave any ideas or comments and will look forward to creating a more interactive format for video sharing. Thanks.

Out of curiosity James, when you create the videos in real time how does it affect the performance of your trading platform? I would love to take some videos of live trades but I'm afraid they might slow down my computer too much.

Videos sure do a much better job at explaining difficult concepts if combined with examples.

TL sure has some great contributors in that respect.

James:

I tried it once with camtasia3, the impact on my system wasn't noticable.

It shouldnt be a problem if you are running a powerful pc. I used to have issues with my old pc.... but I upgraded recently to a Dual Core with 4 gigs of ram and having no issues at all.

It may also be the fact that I no longer use TS but Esignal which seems to be less CPU intensive. TS used to kill my CPU. If you guys need help finding a recording program, feel free to drop me a pm.