Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hello. I'm interested in holding a position in GOOG or YHOO. Anybody got any advice on them?

GOOG is a good company. Their chart looks ok. They had a big drop in early November but seems to me it is economy related. They are going into the cell phone business, so I expect their stock to rise on that. Other than that they are the #1 search engine provider. They are agressive and are making good moves. So I think GOOG is my number one pick right now but I was wondering what you guys thought.

YHOO is not all that. But they are the #2 name in search and there is rumor that Microsoft will buy them out, which would be great for the stock. I think of them as the Pepsi and GOOG the Coke, and you know Pepsi was one time not all that either.

So these are the two companies I'm interested in. But I was wondering how they will behave if the economy continues to decline. Seems to me GOOG is best positioned to weather a bad economy.

Goog = hammer from Fri's chart. I could see a long here.

yhoo = good support at 25.00. Could go long here as well, but I think Goog chart is better and has more potential to pop for a quick profit.

Purely a technical analysis done in about 4 minutes. Take it for what it's worth. ;)

Goog = hammer from Fri's chart. I could see a long here.

yhoo = good support at 25.00. Could go long here as well, but I think Goog chart is better and has more potential to pop for a quick profit.

Purely a technical analysis done in about 4 minutes. Take it for what it's worth. ;)

Good analysis. Thanks.

This GOOG is looking great. I like the way it approached the resistance around 675. They say it might hit 900. What do you guys think? Does GOOG have a long way to go, lik Microsoft did. If so, how high do you think it will go. It was very resiliant this week despite weak performance in the market.

This GOOG is looking great. I like the way it approached the resistance around 675. They say it might hit 900. What do you guys think? Does GOOG have a long way to go, lik Microsoft did. If so, how high do you think it will go. It was very resiliant this week despite weak performance in the market.

If they say it will go to 900, It won't. At least not until they think it won't.

I would not be going long into this stock right now.

:)

If they say it will go to 900, It won't. At least not until they think it won't.

I would not be going long into this stock right now.

:)

Why do you think so? Is it the resistance around 675? Any stock or instrument you would be long in right now?

I've been long GOOG since 629. I've moved my stop up to break even.

2.thumb.jpg.d8e6228477cf12c8519e7faf86cd670a.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.9b2e6cdaea4fe1a7e8ad7523d90f2c0a.jpg