Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GS broke out of what looks to be a cup with handle, and IMO is the strongest financial plays out right now.

Let me know what you think.

Oh, and about the annotation of getting back in. I was holding GS until yesterday since I wasn't sure what the Fed would do - I didn't like the risk of holding and then having the stock tank.

5aa70e1833038_gsdailyoct31.thumb.jpg.0f863bfbbcc6f5b61df0b6c1dc77388c.jpg

GS broke out of what looks to be a cup with handle, and IMO is the strongest financial plays out right now.

Let me know what you think.

Oh, and about the annotation of getting back in. I was holding GS until yesterday since I wasn't sure what the Fed would do - I didn't like the risk of holding and then having the stock tank.

Little doubt about them being the best of breed. They have an unbelievable ability to be on the right side of trades, they have the best investment bank on the planet, and their planetary exposure is a great hedge against market risk. I have been playing options straddle around earnings for years on them, and it's been from moderately to wildly profitable 6 out of the last 7 quarters. Even when everyone knew they were going to upside surprise they still seem to go over the top.

Has been a core holding in my investment account and will continue to be for the long term.

Looks like a nice play...no telling what else the financials have to go through, but technically it looks sound.

I agree, definitely risky but the payout is nice when it works out for you. Right now they are down a lot after hours. It's one of those plays that I like to just watch and predict, but not necessarily throw money at :o