Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dogpile

Taylor Trading Technique

keep in mind that recently ... on short sell day ... market has taken off as though it were a buy day.

something to consider if you get long on a scalp... and previous highs are broken the same day.

monday short sell day

may be good for a scalp

hey corey,

your guess is as good as mine.

i was expecting more of a down move. but did you see how they waited til the last second to run it up ?

a high close... suggests more upside.

but without at least a 10 point pullback, i consider it an extended cycle.

more of buy or more of sell?

tuesday is short sell day

hey corey,

your guess is as good as mine.

i was expecting more of a down move. but did you see how they waited til the last second to run it up ?

a high close... suggests more upside.

but without at least a 10 point pullback, i consider it an extended cycle.

TAYLOR says no holidays....

i interpret this to mean that any day futures are traded.... is counted.

even if cash does not trade.

if futures don't trade... then i don't count that day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next buy day is wedn

market could gap up tomorrow...

like it did after the egypt pullback day

but according to the rules... must wait for buy day

on buy day .... want to see a low made first ... to test the low of short sell day

-----------------------------

if it drops again.... then the target of the buy day long would be the low of short sell day

if it holds.... then the target is the previous high

wednesday... buy day

so far... high made first

if bulls can take out same day high.... then it becomes a low made first day... although low put in late in the day

if it closes nearer to the low of the day .... then look for a possible buy day low violation on sell day thursday

looks like it will be a slight..... close below ...20 sma daily... on the part of the bears.

....if the day ends that way.... bulls could rip on thursday.. back above 20sma and on to new highs.

bears need two STRONG consecutive daily closes below daily 20sma to change the trend at all.

on sell day

buy day low violation

-----------------------------------------

21 hours down .... could be minimum 13 hours up... coming later..... probably much more

----------------------------------------

friday short sell day.... could be a scalp

monday next buy day

if you didn't enter on buy day ... wednesday

or on sell day .... thursday... on low violation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... don't chase on short sell day ... thinking you will be left behind

... wait for the next buy day to enter on a pullback.... which is monday

" The book is always kept in this order,

never change the continuity

and there are no lines left open for Sundays or Holidays.

The market is considered as a series of continuous sessions without a break. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some have interpreted this to mean..... weekends and holidays are counted as part of the cycle.

....i disagree with that. i interpret it to mean that weekends and holidays are NOT included as part of the cycle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this brings up an important point.

monday was a holiday for cash index. but futures were open for a partial session.

and during that partial session, future declined significantly.

so the question arises.... do you consider it as a holiday as per cash index... or do you consider it as an active session as per futures.

i would like to consider it as a holiday as per cash.... and therefore ... to NOT count it as part of the cycle.

that would mean that tuesday would be the next buy day.... rather than monday.

-------------------------------------------------

Taylor where are you ?

" .... and there are no lines left open for Sundays or Holidays. "

-----------------------------------

Taylor traded stocks and grains.

according to his plates.... the grains plates show saturday as another trading session.

while his plates for stocks.... did not include saturdays.

-------------------------------------------------------

to me... this means that grains were being traded on saturdays while stocks were not.

therefore saturday is part of his cycle for grains.... while it is not part of his cycle for stocks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

for today's purposes..... stocks... i.e. stock indices... are open only mon-frid.

therefore stock index futures should be considered the same way.... since there is no difference between a weekday gap ... and a weekend gap. gaps are just gaps.

---------------------------------------------------------

obviously ... i am interpreting Taylor's words to mean the following...

"left open".... means don't consider a day with no trading as part of the cycle.

if it was included.... it would be a "line left open"

----------------------------------------------------------------

if we do not consider monday as part of the cycle.....

due to the holiday....

--------------

then today monday is short sell day

and tuesday is buy day

...rather than today monday being buy day

------------------------

..due to price closing at the highs.... the chances of testing monday low on tuesday looks pretty slim

... so any entry for a tuesday buy day looks shot

for buy day ... tuesday

----------

goal is to buy at or below prev day's low

------------

if you did... you got a 50% bounce

=================================

next play is to buy on wednesday... a buy day low violation

...with a target of buy day low... tuesday low