Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

OAC

9/11 - A Planned Demolition ???

I disagree though, I mean if you look at it as the best way to hurt us would be to cause constant terror. What would the market look like today if we had been hit with random attacks on malls over the past few years? If people had been afraid to shop...it would be devasting, insanely easy and impossible to stop.

I don't buy the conspiracy theory stuff because it tries to explain too much. To me its like its trying to describe what someone looks like by the shadow that they casted.

For what waveslider posted, I think clearly our government has nothing to do with the people at this point. 200 years is too long for a democracy to last, especially once becoming the most powerfull nation. Its hard to buy we live in a democracy if the line goes vice president bush, president bush, president clinton, president bush, president clinton.

A great book to read is Propaganda - The Formation of Men's Attitudes by Jacques Ellul. Which is about state of the art propaganda technique in the 50s, i'm sure its much more refined today. If you read that book the news becomes pure comedy, its such obvious nonsense.

He doesn't want to do something like that, it would represent desperation on his half. He wants his group to come across as organized and have the ability to lay out well planned attacks that would lay more fear than a simple bombing in a mall. Anyone can bomb a mall, and he's smart enough to figure that out. But not everyone can plan an attack of the same caliber as 9/11.

That would be something in Iraq because most of that is Sunni vs Shiite no Al Qaeda vs USA. Again, three bombs going off at the same time in Baghdad still isn't as complex as 9/11. Osama is a smart man, look at his family. I don't think he'd want to carry out small attacks when he could just deliver one massive blow.

Thats my take on it at least.

hahah, I still can't believe you don't know Tony got whacked. It was the best ending ever. David Chase said he had wanted the black screen to be 30 seconds long but HBO thought that was over kill.

If I thought Tony didn't get whacked I would probly have burned my Sopranos dvds because it would just be so pointless.

No way, I argued my position there on message boards so many times after that aired I just have no interest at this point. You get it or you don't.

I think possibly Entourage got whacked for me after the final this season. They don't even bother to follow up story lines. Like that one bitchy chick when they skinny dipped should have become Turtles Girlfriend...That show is so beat beyond Ari.

You ever get into curb your enthusiasm? New stuff last night I missed, that makes up for everything.

ehhh, it just bugs me a Soprano fan can not see this.

I have the ending as divx, I've watched it over and over. I missed it the first night, read all the the theories then when I actually watched it I had no doubt that tony got it. I actaully got tears in my eyes when I watched that the first time, I didn't think anything on film could ever do that to me. It took out the ending of Twin Peaks, I didn't think anything could ever do that.

Your missing it, there is nothing more to say. Try to watch it with your ideas suspended, then tell me what makes more sense.

"You probly don't even hear it when it happens".

Yeah, it would make sense if we weren't looking right at Tony when the screen went blank.

You're right about Entourage, but like I said before it's good to watch for pure entertainment.

If they had shown Medow opening the door then cut to black maybe it would have been more obvious i guess. Too obvious though, the last scene being Medow would be terrible. Same deal,you want to keep that line of thinking going but its on Tony's face. Tony was the whole show...I love that scene, just try to watch it like how i describe because to me you are just missing out.

I agree with Entourage, as long as they don't kill Johny Drama I'll watch.

You must have HBO on demand, watch the first episode of season 6 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David came out with a vengence, 3 years to think of ideas, I died laughing. Down with Seinfield.

Continuing the discussion of the 9/11 attacks. Here's a "fact" that seems to argue against the idea that it was an inside job planned by the Bush Adminstiration:

On the latest tape that Bin Laden released (which apparently was authenticated as really Bin Laden), he BRAGS about knocking off the twin towers. Now, I don't speak his language, so maybe he wasn't actually bragging (he could have been talking about the weather for all I know), but it was reported that way on the news. IF someone who can actually speak his language could verify that this is what he was saying for a fact, then we would appear to have a very convincing argument that the Bush Admin. did NOT pull the job, because one cannot think of a man like Bin Laden cooperating with the US government. Does anyone have an argument to refute my logic?

Continuing the discussion of the 9/11 attacks. Here's a "fact" that seems to argue against the idea that it was an inside job planned by the Bush Adminstiration:

On the latest tape that Bin Laden released (which apparently was authenticated as really Bin Laden), he BRAGS about knocking off the twin towers. Now, I don't speak his language, so maybe he wasn't actually bragging (he could have been talking about the weather for all I know), but it was reported that way on the news. IF someone who can actually speak his language could verify that this is what he was saying for a fact, then we would appear to have a very convincing argument that the Bush Admin. did NOT pull the job, because one cannot think of a man like Bin Laden cooperating with the US government. Does anyone have an argument to refute my logic?

No, I agree...but also remember that the Bin Laden family and Bush have been in cahoots in the past over oil. No shit. Wouldn't that just be a big act to pull off if the whole cops and robber thing was just a front and a game?

I do not think that is the case at all..but I also know that anything is possible. We could very well have been sold out as a people by some irresponsible and selfish asshole...we forget today that only 300-500 years ago...this type of thing was commonplace....selling out countries and thrones, etc for personal gain....in the grand scheme of things...300-500 years ago might as well have been yesterday...we shouldn't be so arrogant as to think it couldn't happen.

Again, not my personal opinion of what is actually going on, but this is something that is a possibility.

No way, I argued my position there on message boards so many times after that aired I just have no interest at this point. You get it or you don't.

I'm with you Darth - I've argued my point/ideas on this topic so many times that to dive into it again here or anywhere for that matter doesn't interest me. I think it's a very interesting topic; however, I'm not about to get into it again. I was on a board where we were discussing this and no joke - I was posting as quickly as possible and just trying to keep up with the new posts. It was crazy.

I don't think Bush was in cahoots with Tony Soprano necessarily, but I think that the administration may have chosen to ignore some warning signals with the knowledge that it could lead to some major terror act.

Recently there was a story of an FBI agent who, while tracking a suspect in august before the attack, came across documents which included western union numbers to the perpetrators.

This was not the only case, I recall reading several stories where CIA and FBI reports were basically ignored.

I realize there are thousands of threats each week to deal with, but you gotta believe some are much more credible than others. Like some Arabs taking flying lessons and quitting before the lesson on "how to land".

Bush didn't engineer it, but it was in his interests to allow an attack coming from a Muslim nation so that he could blame the middle east and have an excuse to set up shop in Iraq. And take a crack at the job his dad failed at.

What gets me most about this stuff - regardless of who did it - is the attitude of the Bush's and others who say "we will not leave until we are successful".

How long does this attitude last when you are trading futures!? We traders know the importance of cutting losses, sacrificing ego and pride, and most importantly -SEEING OBJECTIVELY. This bull-headed stubborn attitude is very childish, and we should expect more from our leaders.

personally, I don't even think Bush is behind policy decessions let alone planning 9/11.

To me he's just the black sheep frat boy of the family who had the right name and family connections to have a great political career. There is no way Cheney or any of his fathers friends can even care what he thinks.

I actually feel bad for Bush, it has to be a tough position to be in. A stand in president with no real power who gets to read what an idiot he is for decissions he's not even making day in and day out.

If you haven't seen "history of oil" by Robert Newman here is the link.. He is brilliant and funny..Although it is comedy show, it will give you real prospective of last 100 years of middle east...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5267640865741878159&q=history+of+oil&total=837&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

enjoye :)

p.s. it offers explanation why we are there...

personally, I don't even think Bush is behind policy decessions let alone planning 9/11.

To me he's just the black sheep frat boy of the family who had the right name and family connections to have a great political career. There is no way Cheney or any of his fathers friends can even care what he thinks.

I actually feel bad for Bush, it has to be a tough position to be in. A stand in president with no real power who gets to read what an idiot he is for decissions he's not even making day in and day out.

Yeah he always has such a confused look on his face....reminds me of my dog when I pretend to throw the ball down the hallway but really keep the ball in my hand....

WTC rebuilding faces delays, report to show: source

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26am EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Rebuilding at the World Trade Center site will take longer and cost more than previously projected, a report from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is set to say on Monday, a source familiar with the contents said.

The Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site on Sunday that rebuilding of the Trade Center won't be completed until the middle of the next decade and will cost up to $3 billion more than planned, citing people familiar with the matter.

The paper reported that The Freedom Tower, an office tower controlled by the Port Authority and under construction, had been targeted for completion by the end of 2011. Now, the tower is likely to be delayed a year, the paper said.

The paper said major components of the project will be delayed one to three years and will cost $1 billion to $3 billion more than the current estimate of $15 billion, citing people familiar with the project.

The source who spoke to Reuters said the report won't detail dates or specific costs, but will note that some of the Trade Center project dates will be moving back and that there will be some cost overruns.

The Port Authority is responsible for building the largest projects at Trade Center site, where nearly 3,000 people died in the September 11, 2001 attacks.

The projects the Port Authority is building are: One World Trade Center, the Freedom Tower, and The World Trade Center Transportation Hub, according to the authority's Web site.

+ + +

BTW what are 'decessions' ? :doh:

I happened to have had a conversation with a former ambassador in the Bush administration about 6 months ago regarding among other things - Bush's intelligence. This man thought Bush was far from being an idiot. Did he tell me any great 9-11 stories or any other juicy tidbits, of course not. Just that his opinion plain and simple, which may not be what most believe, is that Bush is no dummy.

Guest forsearch

Given the recent volatility in this sector....

The History of Oil

[gvideo]-5267640865741878159[/gvideo]

-fs