Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s Forex "Trend Trades"

For the traders that are following this thread... here I attach the status of this research process...

So far I can say that the setuping is 100% defined on my research... now in terms of timing and exiting I find that VMA has some very interesting small variations to experiment with and get into some optimization... I will keep you all posted... please all suggestions are very welcome at this point... cheers Walter.

5aa70dff07821_statusofresearch.thumb.png.bd80237e72ef2e81f3d9b167896b86a4.png

I loaded this last template of yours and it looks exactly the same to Igorads 2nd Version... maybe the template its not calling the new indicator... I superimposed the FantailVMA1 (red line)... by the way the crossings between the black and this red are interesting jejejeje... :helloooo:

thanks for all this Pyenner... cheers Walter.

Yes the new tpl was calling the old Igorad2 file, sorry.

The second attempt should be calling the right file.

So many modified files here its not funny...

In your chart the red line is the base line from FantailVMA1 and you can see the % difference in range of red and black (Igorad2).

It looks very close to Bemac on VT now (unless I stuffed that up too @#$&!).

you got me lost on this last post... could you post me a chart of what you mean ? it sounds interesting....

Yes I need to post charts but maybe some words will do for now.

ADX_VMA_Eval_1Min.mq4 was done to look at what difference it makes to sample different amounts of time. Bemac and Igorand used 16 periods.

On a 1Min chart that is a 16 minute view of the past.

On a 5Min chart that is an 80 minute view of the past, 16x5.

The 80 min view gives a longer flat area, 16 minute view gives a shorter flat area.

There are multiple possibilities-

Bemac will have fiddled with different periods and settled on 16 as the best general purpose number for all charts but if we can find more variables to fiddle with then we might improve on Bemac.

The 1 Min chart in particular might benefit from having slightly different periods. If you set the sampling on a 1min chart to 80 periods or 80 min it will show a very smoothed out base line. If you zoom out that chart and compare it to a zoomed in 5min chart so they show the same amount of time, there will be similarities in the base lines.

So, you could have a 1min chart showing a normal 1min base line, another line showing a 2 min curve, another 3 min etc, each flatter and slower to bend than the one before. All on the 1 min chart.

There are possiblities for zany ideas. Inspiration. Most turn into junk but thats just life. Sometimes there is a payoff for thinking outside the square.

If you can handle all the extra confusion that is....:confused:

Pyenner : what you actually bring here is a complete new set of VMA`s that envision a posible new set of epiphany`s ¡¡ just very interesting stuff ¡¡ I can not still say how they could actually be used or taken the most advantage from... but it certainly calls my attention as the core techniacal issue of this thread plays arround the "horizontal effect" and what I can see here is that you are basicly taking the horizontal effect to the next level...

Please Pyenner if its not a problem can I open a new thread to play intesive on this variations, I must confess I have a glad mambo and would like to re-organize this last indicators of yours and discuss thourogly about them and the alternatives we can play with them... tell me if there is no problem I will start that right now... cheers Walter.

Site was down today so couldnt add much here but here is a 5 min chart where you can see this icons how they give you an entry on the best spot of a potential move... cheers Walter.

5aa70dff3d310_todayicon.thumb.png.ebbebb5fa180c3289946e320e2a6b7e2.png

And here we have another example of what type of evolutions (optimizations)can be possible thanks to the unresting research souls...

In this case Pyenner has posted a new version of the VMA wich outperforms Igorad 2 and you know what ? it even outperforms VT original version ¡¡

Pyenner vs Igorad 2

attachment.php?attachmentid=2799&stc=1&d=1189551593

Pyenner vs VT

attachment.php?attachmentid=2800&stc=1&d=1189551593

Congratulations Pyenner ¡¡ and thanks for your non easy conformity....

For the sake of simplicity I once again attach the last Pyenner indicator and template... cheers Walter.

5aa70dff65ad8_pyennerevolution.png.5677b9d8a7380281578007c0586f4079.png

5aa70dff6dadf_PyennervsVT.thumb.png.8c14b6de6bd81d6b32d005b4d5f345fe.png

Pyenner last.zip

You're all doing great job. I wish you all tons of pips and keep on researching, it helps traders like me. As you say the power is in simplicity and I totaly agree with this statement :) cheers drchemik

Pyenner : what you actually bring here is a complete new set of VMA`s that envision a posible new set of epiphany`s ¡¡ just very interesting stuff ¡¡ I can not still say how they could actually be used or taken the most advantage from... but it certainly calls my attention as the core techniacal issue of this thread plays arround the "horizontal effect" and what I can see here is that you are basicly taking the horizontal effect to the next level...

Please Pyenner if its not a problem can I open a new thread to play intesive on this variations, I must confess I have a glad mambo and would like to re-organize this last indicators of yours and discuss thourogly about them and the alternatives we can play with them... tell me if there is no problem I will start that right now... cheers Walter.

Agree, it belongs on another thread.

It will take time figure things out with VMA.

This thread needs to progress without being delayed by VMA issues.

Let me share here some VMAR Icons from today if we used the last version of Pyenner`s superb piece of work...

On the 5 min we se the setupings of this 3 trades...

attachment.php?attachmentid=2803&stc=1&d=1189556719

attachment.php?attachmentid=2804&stc=1&d=1189556719

Now if we used the classic entry timing (so far the balck line crossing the darkgreen line on 1 min) we would have this entries...

attachment.php?attachmentid=2805&stc=1&d=1189557015

attachment.php?attachmentid=2806&stc=1&d=1189557015

now you can see Vmar`s are doing their job... on trend determination as on timing...

I still believe we can optimize more the timing from some other variations I am testing... about exits on next post let me show you an alternative on 5 minutes... cheers Walter.

5aa70dff7fb2a_5min1.thumb.png.bea1f01002cdf6248bdac27f10b90a66.png

5aa70dff84b3a_5min2.thumb.png.5e51031625a2d5511a42e5912e28f59c.png

5aa70dff8f83c_trade1.thumb.png.63980dd429938948be500650ccf1ff14.png

5aa70dff99030_trade2and3.thumb.png.fd142edf132c483bd9a748709f187a75.png

MasterBlaster showed an alternative of trailing exits on the 5 minutes charts... I started to look how this could be done from a VMAR perspective.. and yes its just AWESOME the posibilities we have in order to cash in big moves without any mayor inconvenience in terms of noise... thats why I am still optimizing this exit definitions as I believe we can come up with something better yet...

on this charts you can see the previous three trades having an exit on the first Thick Lime line on the 5 min charts... bars crossing this Lime Thick line (first line after yellow band )...

attachment.php?attachmentid=2807&stc=1&d=1189557826

attachment.php?attachmentid=2808&stc=1&d=1189557826

thats an idea to cash longer exits wich equals better RRR... cheers Walter.

5aa70dff9d1e3_exit1.thumb.png.ede677d8726b6b658afd2d126bf1a249.png

5aa70dffa28db_exit2.thumb.png.131f5d4fe2c2db3bfe337001e8eeaee8.png

You're all doing great job. I wish you all tons of pips and keep on researching, it helps traders like me. As you say the power is in simplicity and I totaly agree with this statement :) cheers drchemik

Glad to hear that drchemik ¡¡ feel free to interact... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter. Just like to wish you all the luck in your forex adventure. I forsee succcess ahead of you especially with the use of the VMA. Success in Forex comes from dilligent research and then almost robot-like execution. You have been most dilligent in your VMA reseach and your explaination of its execution has been first class. The VMA horizontal has become a mainstay on my charts using my system. Thanks again. I hope I can return the favour some day by making any useful additions (not that I think it needs any). But until then i wish you good Karma.

Hi Walter. Just like to wish you all the luck in your forex adventure. I forsee succcess ahead of you especially with the use of the VMA. Success in Forex comes from dilligent research and then almost robot-like execution. You have been most dilligent in your VMA reseach and your explaination of its execution has been first class. The VMA horizontal has become a mainstay on my charts using my system. Thanks again. I hope I can return the favour some day by making any useful additions (not that I think it needs any). But until then i wish you good Karma.

Thanks for you kind words Island and welcome aboard ¡¡

here we started our paralel research thread on VMA... it will include optimizations on the vma as new ideas for trading http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f24/playing-with-the-vmar-s-open-2440.html feel free to interact ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Hello Walter:

You are not only a truly Master Trader, you "teach a man how to fish" .

And above all, you are a HUMBLE and GENEROUS person.

"Another Day On Paradise" really touch my heart.

Thank you. Thank you...

De colores

Hello Walter:

You are not only a truly Master Trader, you "teach a man how to fish" .

And above all, you are a HUMBLE and GENEROUS person.

"Another Day On Paradise" really touch my heart.

Thank you. Thank you...

De colores

Thanks De colores... I am greatfull to God for all his mercys to me... glad you like the thread... there is still some optimizations on the way... feel free to interact, ask questions etc... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter,

One of my forex trading strategies is a basic EMA crossover strategy on the 5 minute charts so I'm interested to see if this new rainbow indicator is any better. Unfortunately that link is now dead. Care to upload the indicator to this site?

they are gone ?¡¡ ? :confused: cant believe that... Notouch I would strong recomend you the last version from Pyenner`s work... its just much better.. and you will be more in tune with all that is coming in front... it works on MT4 wich doesnt have any conections issues as well... any way I attach the VT original ind¡cator... cheers Walter.

fantail_vma.zip