Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s Forex "Trend Trades"

If you wanted to trade a rejection of the 5 min magenta line, I would suggest to time your entries on the 1 min chart with the vmar3 template rainbow... no timings on 5 min... cheers Walter.

Ok Walter;:thumbs up:

anyway I was referring to this post: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/24/walter-s-forex-vma-trend-scalps-2558-5.html#post21170

that combines cci and vmar3 on the 1 minute chart.

Thank you

best regards

Unicorn

Ok Walter;:thumbs up:

anyway I was referring to this post: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/24/walter-s-forex-vma-trend-scalps-2558-5.html#post21170

that combines cci and vmar3 on the 1 minute chart.

Thank you

best regards

Unicorn

Oh ok ¡¡ the scalps... yes, the scalps.... from there was somehow the evolution to the latest aproach that uses the chimp oscillator....

any way that is a nice sweet set of indicators... thats for shure... cheers Walter.

Walter, where exactly is your entry when using the magenta line rejection?

Do you wait for price to cross the vma black line?

Do you time it with cci, ie entry upon crossing cci the +/-50 line??

Walter,

Am I correct in stating that you time the entry

when the t3_cci(n,5) crosses the t3_cci(n,10) or in general

when the t3_cci(cci_periods1, fast_T3_periods) crosses the t3_cci(cci_periods2, slow_T3_periods) ??

where

1) cci_periods1 = cci_periods2 (always)

2) slow_T3_periods is 2 times the fast_T3_periods (usually)

Thank you.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Walter,

Am I correct in stating that you time the entry

when the t3_cci(n,5) crosses the t3_cci(n,10) or in general

when the t3_cci(cci_periods1, fast_T3_periods) crosses the t3_cci(cci_periods2, slow_T3_periods) ??

where

1) cci_periods1 = cci_periods2 (always)

2) slow_T3_periods is 2 times the fast_T3_periods (usually)

Thank you.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Unicorn... there are several alternatives of combination there between the cci trio here http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/24/walter-s-forex-vma-trend-scalps-2558-2.html is a simple explanation of those alternatives...

post 15 and 16...

now the original is 5-3 and 5-10

what I notice you used 5-3 and 5-6 wich is much more leading and still competitive... so lets drop the 5-10 and replace it for 5-6 on the second one...

cheers Walter.

Hi, folks,

I found out about the rainbow/fantail indicator on NinjaTrader forums.

Where can I download this indicator to test on CMS' VT platform?

Walter, thank you for all your work. I've only looked at the first 30 or so posts in this thread Great posts, pics and videos. At the beginning of the thread you were using VT. Are you liking MT4 better? Are the MT4 indicators available for download?

Thanks a bunch,

Bert

ok, I am down to post 135 or so. So I am answering my own questions, in case someone else may benefit:

post 124 has a link to MT4 version. still don't know about VT version.

Walter finds the MT4 platform more reliable as he had disconnects one day on VT.

Cheers,

Bert

Hi, all,

I was trying to download a demo of MT4. All the download links are dead (metaquotes.net link and the FXDD download link). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Walter, you say no more diconnects using MT4 as opposed to VT. May I ask who your broker is for the MT4 platform?

THanks,

Bert

hello Bert... vt its not a choice anymore... mt4 does good, there are several brokers that give demo accts, northfinance has the advantage it doesnt expire... we are now on the process of also adding Ninjatrader as well... hope you enjoy vma`s... cheers Walter.

Thank you, Walter.

it would be awesome if you got the Ninja Trader version up and running.

Regards,

Bert

edit: well, do they not want U.S. customers? I can't download from northfinance, either. strange...

Thank you, Walter.

it would be awesome if you got the Ninja Trader version up and running.

Regards,

Bert

It is already running... you may check the indis here http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/24/playing-with-the-vmar-s-open-2440-55.html I will be posting NT templates sometime next week when I have a clean argument to play arround... cheers Walter.

Hi Bertg

Most MT4 accounts say they expire but then they don't.

Some suppliers play the disconnect and repaint the chart trick in MT4 too.

But you can run multiple accounts thru one MT4 platform and slowly sort out which provider is most reliable.

as things are evolving so well I probably will go live sometime end of september or begining october... I like to have a good stable myriad of paper trades before going live, other wise its just wasting money...

Walter;

Are you printing every vmar icon trade and creating a folder, or are you entering the trades in an excel spreadsheet to compute statistics?

How far are you in the 10000 (myriad) trades collection?

Unicorn.

Walter;

Are you printing every vmar icon trade and creating a folder, or are you entering the trades in an excel spreadsheet to compute statistics?

How far are you in the 10000 (myriad) trades collection?

Unicorn.

I am on a very mixed process right now, as I must confess that I am very scalper oriented... I am scalper on futures, so being able to scalp on forex its my ideal scenario...

So far vmar icons I developed the setups on 5 min... in order to time at 1 min when we only had mt4... now that NT brings a new dimension on time frames it calls me to re-design this all the way to a more scalper type trading...

Any way all the folks that found a confortable time frame on 5 min should keep working on that... I believe all this methods just work on all time frames...

So we will see.... anyway Unicorn, the performance of centrifugal setups are quite good... cheers Walter.

Hello nokia000,

Click on walterw link at the top of any of his post. A drop-down menu appears, click "find all posts". There are several indicators in his system so read all the threads in cronological order. The MT coding is given as devoloped also, you will find many revisions so read it all.

Regards

Richard

Just found this thread yesterday, and I think this system is amazing,

here are my tf M5 and my tf H1.

Thank you walterw and all my new friends here.

Glad you liked it... I know of many people who are consistently trading with the 5 minutes and 1 minute combinations teached here... I personally developed a more scalper version that its much faster and forms part of my daily trading and my private educational system ... cheers Walter.

GOD BLESS TO YOU, really you are amazing, and all people that help to yuo developing this system, that god pay to you,

cy:missy:

Thanks Ligio, glad to be of help.... cheers Walter.

Hey Walter!!!

Thanks for the wonderful system. I found it at Edward Revy's site.

Also, saw your website. I like the 10 pts per day idea. I have been working on a system that is good, little drawdown, small stops, risk, etc and your VMA works like a charm. Not many people realize that 10 pts is scalable.

I do have a question. On the template, it's set at 2 for the ADX and on your charts it shows 8 ADX. What is what you use and what is the diff???

Thanks in advance.

Blizz

Hey Walter!!!

Thanks for the wonderful system. I found it at Edward Revy's site.

Also, saw your website. I like the 10 pts per day idea. I have been working on a system that is good, little drawdown, small stops, risk, etc and your VMA works like a charm. Not many people realize that 10 pts is scalable.

I do have a question. On the template, it's set at 2 for the ADX and on your charts it shows 8 ADX. What is what you use and what is the diff???

Thanks in advance.

Blizz

Wow¡¡ I see something nice is going on in that forum with some chimp stuff... maybe Blizz you want to tell all this people to come see some videos here at TL and all the threads that did elaborate on this rainbow method...

Yes the 10 pips per day idea its a much more scalper oriented one, and uses much smaller ( tick bars ) timeframes to do this... now its very important to have the proper momentum understanding to that... thats one of the topics from the private course...

this 8 adx and 2 adx, can you point me what are you looking at ? there is so much done on this... cheers Walter.

By the way, if you guys want to interact here on this thread the 5 min/1 min setup for a couple of weeks, I will be glad to interact here as well... cheers Walter.

Hi Chimp,

Im amazed of your work... I made a trading system based on your ideas, however, I want to ask you for help. I use fantailVMA1 indicator with three setups.

first-100/4/8/0/1

second - 26/4/8/0/1

third- 2/4/8/0/1

Would you be so kind and tell me, how to display these moving averages from the 30M chart in the 5M chart? ie. how to convert settings so that I need not to have opened both 5M and 30M chart, respectively? I want to have all MAs in the 5M chart.

Thousands of thanks.