Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

Apple Doji Heaven

What is everyones input on all the dojis in AAPL? I am interested to here some feedback from those of you who know the art. I called a top based purely on psychological reasons (everyone loved the stock and I heard enough about it, knew it would have a short term top). So how would you interpret this chart?

It looks like a lot of indecision, but how would you decide what will happen next?

aapldoji.jpg.217559f88922d1746ac60d8c129a849d.jpg

Looks higher to me right now. That dip below support of 115 creating a nice bullish pattern on high volume. If there's no follow through to it next week, that'll be the deciding factor. All the dojis, though, are really just cause of all this market volatility.

While the secondary uptrend line was broken, the primary downtrend line has not been, and was obviously supported by that doji on high volume.

Thats my best guess on AAPL. I currently own about 16% of the float on Apple, so I hope it's going up. Just kidding.

2422d1187404385-apple-doji-heaven-aapldoji.jpg__jpeg_image__752x598_pixels_-20070818-120241.jpg

I see that as going up. The Doji is closing up in the top half of the candle on significantly higher volume than anything for over a week prior. Tin pointed out nicely as well that the original longer term up trand still seems to hold.

On a fundamental reason, the US Fed lowering interest rates will help divert cash back into stocks and out of fixed interest which should help push higher.

Coming back to AAPL, yesterday (Wednesday) we had bearish engulfing pattern on HUGE volume. Today we have what looks to be a doji, again on very strong volume. Looking at the weekly chart, we had a doji signaling a top a few weeks ago on strong volume. We are back up that resistance level and the bulls can't seem to take control. There was a good hammer to go long a few weeks back, so looking at this week I would assume now would be a good time to exit that long position that should have been established?

aaplsep5dailykb0.jpg

aaplsep6ax5.jpg

aaplsep6zoomzz5.jpg

aaplweeklysep6vb7.jpg

aaplweeklysep6zoomqx1.jpg