Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Setups Analisis, Timing Analisis

Hello fellow traders ¡¡ its has been some time since I dont write something down here... so let me share something here...

I am taking some vacations on futures trading and giving myself some time to do research on forex... must confess a very stimulating experience, by the way talking about stress on other threads, I must confess taking some distance from tick charts lately and being looking 1 min and now even 5 min charts ¡¡¡ has been very relaxing... not extrictly that I am going into long term here, but the short term on forex is much relaxing than our usual waco speed on futures...

On this little thread I wanted to point out some two big AREAS of analisis that a good trader must have under control and master to be succesfull...

this two areas should be somehow independent by themselfs... and then integrated into one...

One area of analisis is the SETUP.... thats where we have an argument as to "why" are we going to enter into a position... here we can argue so many things, like for example Breaks, continuations, reversals, rejections, failed moves, contractions, expansions, patterns, volume, deltas, MP`s... bla bla bla... big area of analisis, lots of schools of thought... but thats where we argument our bussiness on the setup analisis...

The second area of analisis is the TIMING analisis, here is where we study the "when"... many good traders do well on setups but when it comes to timing they have a hell of a trouble doing so... in some ocations the setup himself may provide a hint into timing... but sometimes this is not the case...

I am convinced that timing should be an independent school of analisis and not necesarily be dependent to the setup analisis...

My ideal way of aproaching a technical research is going with the setup analisis on one part and doing timing analisis on the other part and then integrating both together into one final product...

This makes possible the independent and non compromised setup analisis without any bias in terms of timing, giving place to some neat new timing aproaches as they can show their best alternatives and not submited to any particular setup...

Maybe this topic sound unfamiliar to some traders, it really depends on what stage of analisis experience you got maybe to understand me and valorize what I am trying to say here...

Now to make it more simple let me give some examples of what I am talking about...

So far Walter has presented some kind of "universal" timing method that he applies to diferent types of setups, and that is the case with CCI... you can notice on diferent threads where he presents various types of setups like "flip", "false break", "lazy" etc... where he uses for all of them the same CCI timing method crossing levels like 50, 100 or 0 lines ... thats a universal and independent timing analisis that can be used on so many diferent type of setup analisis... I dont know if you get me...

So thats one way to go on the method of creating finaly an "X" trade... you will combine a determined setup you found to be reliable and you make your timing with a universal timing method that works like a charm for you, that you feel confortable and that it makes your life easier and stressfree...

Thats basicly is how I organize my research process and it gives me some nice results so far... SO

what is the purpose of writing this... well I am doing an open resaerch on forex ( for those who are following ) and had presented various setup ideas....you may have noticed that I did try to use my universal timing method with CCI wich I find it does well sometimes on forex and sometimes not that well... so this relaxed days I have been using them to research on some new independent "universal" timing method to be applied into forex...

On this process I did tour some forex forums and had some fun encountering very professional people who are developing incredible things that I could not get even near to them like a guy called fxcruiser who is developing last generation indicators, and I also saw some funny things from amateurs who amused me quite... all diferent thing in terms of setups as of timing... there is also lot of junk out there not worth loosing time...

So I will be creating a new thread about this new "universal" timing method that I will use for forex... and then on separate threads I will present some new setups that I am considering where you will notice how I use my universal timing method... ok Dont want to make this any longer... stay tuned... cheers Walter.