Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Pattern Analyis: Doji

Hi Mike, I personally find VSA very dificult to read as volume data sometimes may get tricky, I always say vsa is for very smart people, still sometimes they get tricked as we do on price action readings... so dont go bald ¡¡ jejej cheers Walter.

I think some of the core concepts of VSA are easy but you're right it can get way out of hand for a pea brain like mine. ;)

I'm tuned in to Brown and your new threads because I think the exit can have less to do about volume and more to do with WRB or other candle based exit strategies.

Let's keep these puppies rolling, I'm hungry for knowledge and you guys have plenty of that. :cool:

I think some of the core concepts of VSA are easy but you're right it can get way out of hand for a pea brain like mine. ;)

I'm tuned in to Brown and your new threads because I think the exit can have less to do about volume and more to do with WRB or other candle based exit strategies.

Let's keep these puppies rolling, I'm hungry for knowledge and you guys have plenty of that. :cool:

Here's my very simple outside look of VSA - there's a reason the VSA thread is currently on page 116, which is huge for TL. Probably the biggest thread. After glancing at the thread there appears to be A LOT of questions and confusion on how to implement it in real-time. For me, it's just too much to process in real-time. For me, candlesticks provide many of the same ideas in a much simpler, easier to read format. Just my 2 cents.

Walter,

..... . I've seen many WRB's where the first candle is giant green and the next is a giant red on larger timeframes, .......

This of course would be a gravestone or gravestone doji (with a pretty long wick) on a chart that is double the time frame to that the WRB's where observed. A pretty powerful sign that the price has been rejected. On A lower time frame you would likely have a ^ top.

Just some food for though.

Here's my very simple outside look of VSA - there's a reason the VSA thread is currently on page 116, which is huge for TL. Probably the biggest thread. After glancing at the thread there appears to be A LOT of questions and confusion on how to implement it in real-time. For me, it's just too much to process in real-time. For me, candlesticks provide many of the same ideas in a much simpler, easier to read format. Just my 2 cents.

You are probably right, it looks pretty straightforward to account for every bar with reference to the following bar or bars but in realtime those are not there;)

If somebody could read every bar in realtime, why would they bother to market that method, just sit somewhere on an Island in the Pacific and let the bucks roll in;)

If one has rule sets for exits and entries with a few of the traditional candlestick patterns which then read with wyckoff or vsa concepts would suffice provided they are applied with consistency and patience.

wish all this VSA stuff was in the VSA thread. We love to hear from the haters too. BF we both know that you could get it if you wanted to. You're one of the smart ones-not that it takes smarts; look at me. I think just maybe the thread is so long because volume is the truth.

BTW, how else is knowledge passed from one person to the next ? That is, somebody that knows something or has a particular skill TEACHES it to another person. I can' t understand why people want to disbelieve a. Person for passing on knowledge. Did they act that way to their professors?

wish all this VSA stuff was in the VSA thread. We love to hear from the haters too. BF we both know that you could get it if you wanted to. You're one of the smart ones-not that it takes smarts; look at me. I think just maybe the thread is so long because volume is the truth.

BTW, how else is knowledge passed from one person to the next ? That is, somebody that knows something or has a particular skill TEACHES it to another person. I can' t understand why people want to disbelieve a. Person for passing on knowledge. Did they act that way to their professors?

I see what you are saying PP. And that's one side of the coin.

The other is that VSA is not quite as easy to implement in real-time, which is all I am interested in, hence the reason for the pages and pages of questions. For example, compare some of the candle threads to the VSA. In trading candles, it's pretty straight forward and easy to follow. It does not appear that VSA is quite as easy to follow. Of course, b/c candles are easy to follow that is in fact a reason why many will steer clear of it. The human mind wants trading to be difficult and over & beyond simplistic stuff.

You are probably right, it looks pretty straightforward to account for every bar with reference to the following bar or bars but in realtime those are not there;)

If somebody could read every bar in realtime, why would they bother to market that method, just sit somewhere on an Island in the Pacific and let the bucks roll in;)

If one has rule sets for exits and entries with a few of the traditional candlestick patterns which then read with wyckoff or vsa concepts would suffice provided they are applied with consistency and patience.

We could go on and on arguing why candlesticks work and don't work. But it would be completely pointless, I could look at a chart and the candles make sense, in real time and after the fact. You could look at the chart and see a bunch of colors and nonsense. I could look at the chart and tell you whether I would go long or short in a matter of seconds (in real time) and most likely be right. It just comes from screen time not necessarily knowing all the candles and what the previous bar says. The same goes with VSA, I might think it's confusing and I don't understand it... but it could be simple to you.

At the end of the day, the charts say the same thing. It doesn't matter how you read the chart, as long as you understand it and it makes you money. If VSA makes you money and it's easy for you to use, then use it. If candlesticks make perfect sense, then use that.