Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

feb2865

Smoothing out price

Walter, thanks for your input. Unfortunately, if the lag is excessive, then I wouldn't have as much interest in this method as I first thought. Maybe in time I will try out Sierra, and I'll just use Raul's posted workspace. Thanks for the prompt replies.

-Luis

I am sorry guys I've been trying to logon and for some reasons I just can't at least from my location.

does anyone still following this method?

I also have been out of the markets for health reasons

Cheers

Raul

I am sorry guys I've been trying to logon and for some reasons I just can't at least from my location.

does anyone still following this method?

I also have been out of the markets for health reasons

Cheers

Raul

Hi Raul, nice to hear from you... the answer is no, unfortunately I couldnt bear with some extreme lag ( at least for me)... so I just keep doing my usual analisis... cheers Walter.

Hi, am I allowed to bump this thread? I hope so.

I never really liked HA candlesticks because what you're looking at isn't true price and therefore I always assumed it was pointless.

This thread has shown a good way to see trends (albeit on HA candlesticks) by using an HMA(8) over the HA candlesticks.

What you need to do in order to see exactly how much lag there is, rather than doing side-by-side comparison charts of HA vs. regular, is to do this instead:

- Load your HA candlesticks as a study on your chart

- Apply HMA(8) to the HA candlesticks

- Color your main price chart based on the slope of the HMA(8) that has been applied to the HA candles.

This will let you see in real time and with actual price data what is going on with regard to your trend-defining indicators on the HA candle sticks. In other words, where your main price chart changes color is where your HA slope is changing.

Hopefully that made sense. I'm really tired right now so I hope I explained everything well.

Here's a pic:

edit - I can't believe I misspelled Heikin-Ashi in my pic. I even study Japanese so I shouldn't have gotten it wrong. Oops!

Edited by metalhead

Now, if you compare that to the HMA(8) based off of the regular chart, you will see that they are almost the same but in some cases the HMA(8) based off of the actual price will change slope quicker (as you would expect it to because it's not based on lagging HA data).

In the attached screen shot, the first row of boxes shows the slope of the HMA(8) based off of actual price data and the second row of boxes shows the slope of the HMA(8) based off of Heikin-Ashi candles.

This is the same chart as before so the data is the same.