Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The "FHR" Trades

Ok.. on this FHR context I am looking for a posible "trend trade" type setup...

I have this Long red average and this other two black and yellow averages, they givea very simple trend definition... Once in the europe session we expect nice moves, we can time entries with this CCi... exits could be handled as much profit possible (ideal scenario) so we can have a nice RRR...

I attach indicators and template.... I expect comments for optimization... cheers Walter.

5aa70de640a75_trendtrade.thumb.png.293bcd307e024caa0ec750dbe0fb002d.png

New FHR trend Trade.zip

Ok... so far at this point of my Forex research I must admit that in terms of FHR trades the best ones have been the flip type setups that happen outside the FHR range (see example below )

attachment.php?attachmentid=2017&stc=1&d=1184900239

It is a very common pattern that happens just about every day... my struggle so far has been with a precise and at the same time non noise type of timing... I started obviously with CCI`s and lately had been experimenting with some other oscillators...

On the examples below I show some examples of FHR flips with timing using an stochastic and a fancy Laguerre oscilator...

attachment.php?attachmentid=2018&stc=1&d=1184900748

attachment.php?attachmentid=2019&stc=1&d=1184900748

So far this is one of the setups I am monitoring... will also share a new bizarre idea on my ideas thread here http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f24/walter-s-first-forex-research-various-1916.html cheers Walter.

5aa70de6a639d_FliponFhrcontext.thumb.png.5b171ce096e121fe9618930dc594ebfa.png

5aa70de6ab3bd_fhrflip1.thumb.png.7c9e9360f4fe2da42637b0b8537ef5df.png

5aa70de6b0557_fhrflip2.thumb.png.26d91e24ac261329591b26ca49bb8ff9.png

Hello walter, Sorry i have not been around much,truth is i had a small stroke. Its been taking some time,but I believe it is comming back. Any way something to look at.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2034&stc=1&d=1185199804

attachment.php?attachmentid=2035&stc=1&d=1185199804

attachment.php?attachmentid=2036&stc=1&d=1185199804

usdjpy.thumb.gif.a0d0340897159045126a8108b2f7e666.gif

usdjpy1.thumb.gif.b85f8c7449131372d2563d663d0fae3f.gif

usdjpy2.thumb.gif.b17c46fc94d994fed7d5fea486f1aabf.gif

Sorry to hear that Don, and I hope you really get better...

Nice charts there, I see you made a 3 hours FHR previous to London open... would you still be looking at the break of this areas ? cheers Walter.

Yes walter, something I just started working on im only looking for 10 pips.

Aha ¡¡... so you would take break of FHR range and target a fixed 10 pip target ?... how will you manage stops ? sounds nice and simple... cheers Walter.

Hello walter, Sorry i have not been around much,truth is i had a small stroke. Its been taking some time,but I believe it is comming back. Any way something to look at.

Hi Don

Sorry to hear you've not been too well, I hope you get better and make a full recovery, it's good to have you back.

Hope all goes well

Blu-Ray

What about something like closing the trade after 12:00pm something like this.(this will only work on GBP/USD I have not checked the other ones yet)

attachment.php?attachmentid=2048&stc=1&d=1185292816

gbpusd.thumb.gif.db6235cee3f6ae5cc64390d5c54d74bb.gif

Its clear here Don that we have a good technicall argument : breaking of a very important range ok... on the other side we have a very good statisticall performance with a fixed profit (10 pips)... wich I am very pleased to see such performance and also would love to test at least one year of data... the only component missing here would be how stops will be taken and what degree of tolerance and RRR we would have in order to keep this stats on our favor...

the 12 hs suggestion I dont see any edge on it... it will probably keep you out of some very good trades....

So making some reflexions here, this system could clean ROCK ¡¡ :D I think we need a good stop criteria and we are in bussiness here... Nice job Don ¡¡ keep it up man ¡¡ cheers Walter

Hi Don... quite a challenge here...:D you know I think that we are experimenting a high rate of succesfull days... so I was thinking this ideas :

1rst : backtest performance with 15 pips vs 10 pips... see if its still good performance... if its good we would have a 50% + income on the entire ecuation...

2nd : establish stops on the oposite extreme of the range (large stop, agressive) or on the 61.8% (less agressive)of the range...

3rd : a good (conservative) stop could also be -15 pips and the RRR would actually happen by the + amount of positive days versus negative days...

so three alternatives there...

All raw ideas here... tell me what you think... cheers Walter.

5aa70de7d97d1_usdjpystops.thumb.gif.c601c74b565c4e58241a9ee570fdb997.gif

Ok,1 thing I dont know if you noticed or not. Im using a 5 pip cousion(blue) on the graph. I will not enter until it enters 1pip above or below that. But I will look at it. :)

Ok,1 thing I dont know if you noticed or not. Im using a 5 pip cousion(blue) on the graph. I will not enter until it enters 1pip above or below that. But I will look at it. :)

Should we test also if that cousion makes breaks more reliable ?