Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The "FHR" Trades

Yea its something we must test just to make sure, also dont forget about Tokyo!!!!;)

Oh YES ¡¡¡ we will party hard with James there... attachment.php?attachmentid=2057&stc=1&d=1185389256 it will be great ¡¡ jejeje cheers Walter.

party.gif.abe2fbadcd4ad4b82b6ee6f1741e0e09.gif

Today I had been doing some testing... looks like having entries on the original range has better performance (not the +5 pips)... also stops would not be triggered that easy if using oposite range... +15 target has made RRR much better and makes possible using so far away stops... thats at this points my inputs... nothing formal yet, just looking from a very general perspectives....

in resume what I actually looked at is :

Entry: 1 pip above/below break of Range (real one)

Exit : +15 pips

Stop : oposite range +/- pip

So far the + performance comes from the amount of positive days vs negative days.... cheers Walter.

walter, i think it would be best if you went ahead and tested the one that you are working on and i will work on the 10pip with a cousion, if you want!!

How long do you want to back test? I thank we are getting close!!:D

walter, i think it would be best if you went ahead and tested the one that you are working on and i will work on the 10pip with a cousion, if you want!!

How long do you want to back test? I thank we are getting close!!:D

Yes Thats a good idea ¡¡... it will give us diferent results and we can see where its the edge on this stats... I dont have much data... I wanted to test 1 year, but dont have that much... I understand you have at least one worth of data, could that be the case ? also what pair will you be testing ? cheers Walter.

Ok, I dont have a year either,I deleted it :mad: but i will get it! I believe USD/JPY would be the right pair.(stick to the same)

OK so USD/JPY will be it...

Could you get 1 year worth of data ?

OK I am just doing too many things here Don at the same time... didnt realize that on the 1 min data base I have almost 3 months worth of data BUT on the 1 hour data base I have data back too January 11 2005 ¡¡¡ would that make a good solid test ? jejeje

Well this may take some time, do it the best way and mark the ones down that may give you some trouble.(you may not have any) and ill get back to you!!

Ok ¡¡ I will recap What I am going to do this weekend then :

I will manually backtest the following strategy :

Entry: 1 pip above/below break of Range (3 hour range before london open)

Exit : +15 pips net (will be a +13 pips gain after EFX comissions and spread)

Stop : oposite range +/- 1 pip and -2 pip costs

I will test USD/JPY since january 11 2005

I will only take one break per day.

So far this little set rules will be implemented on my backtest... with stats being on my hands after this plus an overall discretionary overlook.. then I will know what details can be changed to curve the results into a better performance... I hope I get this done before monday, we will see... cheers Walter.

Just a quick question Walter

How come you're using the 3 hour range before London Open and not just the 1 hour before as previously discussed.

eg 5am-8am rather than 7am-8am BST.

Cheers......Blu-Ray

Just a quick question Walter

How come you're using the 3 hour range before London Open and not just the 1 hour before as previously discussed.

eg 5am-8am rather than 7am-8am BST.

Cheers......Blu-Ray

Well that was an interesting modification Don did... i think it makes more robust and harder to break areas of the pre-london open so if you get a break there you will be more biased to expect some more action on that direction at least a sure foot 10 to 15 pip move... thats what this test its all about... so far at hindsight lots of positive days... cheers Walter.

Ok you got it ¡¡ thats the information we needed...

I will be trying this procedure I will update you how it went...

By the way I am planing to do a paralel test with this simple rules :

Entry: 1 pip above/below range (3 hours previous to london open)

Exit : 10 pips

Stop: -10 pips

wich means that once you got in is + or - 10 that would give us a 1:1 RRR and the edge would be the amount of positive days vs negative days...

Thanks Don for this great information ¡¡¡ cheers Walter.

OK ¡¡¡¡ :) I have loaded on my PC a database of 1 min bars from USD/JPY from june 16 2004 ¡¡¡ til today my lord ¡¡

Now we have SOLID information to work on...3 years worth of data ¡¡

I still have to make the convertions for 5 and 15 min... Thanks Don ¡¡

Did you already loaded database ? cheers Walter.