Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Best Time for Forex Volatilty

Ok I want to make a question here to all forex traders:

What time of the day is the most volatile one to trade forex ?... would the London session be the best ? Thanks Walter.

It depends what currency pair. For those involving one or two European currencies then the London session is most volatile. As you're looking at USD/JPY I would say the overlap between London and New York is your best bet: 1300-1600 London time. Big economic releases out of Japan and the US create big volatility.

Guest cooter

Thanks for posting this, trigger. It expands on what notouch noted above - the overlap between US & Europe (NY & London) is your best bet - 8am to 12noon ET.

Ok I want to make a question here to all forex traders:

What time of the day is the most volatile one to trade forex ?... would the London session be the best ? Thanks Walter.

Many times trade setups happen a few hours into the the trading session or not at all. In order to avoid sitting at you computer just because it's the London or US session, set a price alert at for the area where you want to start paying closer attention. This will also help you from burning out.

Wow! That site was really an eye opner.

Any chance of finding the Co-Relationship between pairs, namely:

1)Parallel

2) Inverse

3) Same direction.

How these currencies also relate to Gold, Oil, Nas, etc

Thanks

PS: Or where I could search and get info on the above.

Kev.

Sydney

Down_Under.

I don't use forex correlation as a reason to enter or exit a trade. I use it as a guide so I don't over leverage myself with positions that are similar.

ie: if I'm loading up short aud/usd then I want to be careful going long usd/cad.