Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The "Lazy" Trade

So here I start a new thread of my revisited M trade... This is the third and last method I am actually trading in Futures...

My Futures Trilogy is this : "Flip" "ABC" "Lazy" ...

With this 3 aproaches I manage to finish every session with my daily target...

The Lazy trade its the Counter trend trade.... its the "refresh" back to the mid band... its the ideal cycle market setup, when momentum doesnt appear, the lazy trade its there to make you profitable as we go back from the outerbands to the mid band... also when we have a very strong move and momentum dries up, the "lazy" trade its ready to play the oposite come back to the mid band... (there is lot of Wayne Harris on this from kwikpop )

Not so easy trade... (do not recomend to newbies) You have to be good in measuring "market climate"... you DONT want to trade this setup when there still is a momentum condition... you can get seriously hurt...

That doesnt mean this trade cant be profitable, I have been trading M`s for years and made me profitable...

Now lets forget about the M term and lets talk about a Lazy trade (see example graph)

1rst we have a pivot that was formed on some extreme outside the outerbands..

2nd we have a second pivot that its so lazy that he doesnt want to swing the first one...

3rd we get a timing to refresh to the mid band after this "lazy" pivot did not take on the previous one...

And thats it... some times works like a charm, some times it doesnt... but the concept its about refreshing to the Mid band...

My revision to the method was taking all the CCI timing techniques being used on the "flip" as on the "ABC" trade and aplly it to the "Lazy" trade... thats how I unified all three aproaches with ONE timing methodology... making my life more easy in terms of timing and reading charts... being able to trade three methods at the same time looking at the same chart...

Ok there are some nuances to this trade I will explain now... and will try to expand in later posts as its not so easy as flip or ABC...

Watching the CCI, you will notice ( see example ) that the first pivot has made a large formation on CCI, while the second lazy pivot did a small formation on CCI... this nuance has been powerfull for me to discover on this new version of my old trade... CCI talks to me in this phenomena...

Once you see it over and over again it gets clear this morfology ...

Well I think a chart says more than a millon words... hope can bring some light on the cycle counter trend alternative... cheers Walter.

5aa70de1336a9_Iamsoooolazy.thumb.png.4c45d52c12c8ae35868808f3da273c26.png

5aa70de153a44_lazy1.thumb.png.a23ab3ffa78bc32ce7c6083ad306e1f3.png

Here is a Lazy trade today, as we made a big move, then got back inside bands (weakness) and then we did not take the previous extreme pivot high... timing was clear on the cci 50 line cross... cheers Walter.

5aa70de19b708_lazy1.thumb.png.09a89d57a2cc8c6849b67f4222e8d636.png

I like the simplicity of your trades Walter, they've been really quite inspirational. The Flip trade is very similary to the way I play pivots and MP clusters. I have noticed the patterns in the lazy trade before but never had the balls to take it. I don't use bands in my trading so I don't measure the moves outside of the bands and I dont use the CCI indicator either cause it hurts my eyes with all those things moving around. I think that someone who uses TICK and TRIN would be able to catch the same moves as well when combined with tape. I like the set up. Post up some more charts of it if you get a chance.

Ohh forgot to ask sorry, on this set up you can only do it later on in the day I'm presuming i.e: After lunch session? Seems like you need an already establised market profile which is non trending.

Ohh forgot to ask sorry, on this set up you can only do it later on in the day I'm presuming i.e: After lunch session? Seems like you need an already establised market profile which is non trending.

Yes Nick, you have to make sure there is no more momentum... otherwise you will get hurt... thats why this trade its not easy and its not suited for everyone... you must be very good on detecting market climate... cheers Walter.

2nd we have a second pivot that its so lazy that he doesnt want to swing the first one...

Walter I'm not sure what you mean by the second pivot being lazy so it doesn't want to "swing" the first one. Could you maybe paraphrase? Or perhaps, what would it look like if it DID swing the first one?

Thanks, Taz

Walter I'm not sure what you mean by the second pivot being lazy so it doesn't want to "swing" the first one. Could you maybe paraphrase? Or perhaps, what would it look like if it DID swing the first one?

Thanks, Taz

Yes Tasuki, it "fails" to swing previous extreme pivot.... I have another trade, never posted here called the "false break" trade wich actually forms part of my M`s wich actually does swing previous pivot but comes right back in... cheers Walter.