Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The "ABC" Trade

I like that 89 sma... very good performance indeed ¡¡ you could also make that keltner 89 so you will have a more simetrical view of the bands with the ma... cheers Walter.

I am using a 55T chart of YM... with keltner exponential 100 / 1 and 2.5 atr

Hi

I'm not sure I understand the keltner settings. In quotetracker the keltner options are period and offset. I assume the period is 100 and the offset is the same as atr which is 2.5? Not sure what the 1 is for? Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Mark

I am using a 55T chart of YM... with keltner exponential 100 / 1 and 2.5 atr

Hi

I'm not sure I understand the keltner settings. In quotetracker the keltner options are period and offset. I assume the period is 100 and the offset is the same as atr which is 2.5? Not sure what the 1 is for? Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark in this case it would be 2 set of bands... one is 100 /1 and the second 100 / 2.5.... hope that helps... cheers Walter.

Thanks walter

Just trying to get up to speed on the ABC. So how do you decide which set of bands to use? It seems like you would want to use 1 atr on quieter days and the 2.5 atr on days like we've had lately with the increased volatility. Correct? Thanks.

Mark

Thanks walter

Just trying to get up to speed on the ABC. So how do you decide which set of bands to use? It seems like you would want to use 1 atr on quieter days and the 2.5 atr on days like we've had lately with the increased volatility. Correct? Thanks.

Mark

Yes Mark... the area otside 2.5 atr is where market shows strength... when market go cyclical you will notice how it will normally bounce back in from that boundarie... in that case its ideal to trade the "false break" and "lazy" trades... cheers Walter.

Thanks for the help Walter

I'm new around here and to futures trading in general so I'll have to investigate these "false break" and "lazy" trade setups. Thanks again for helping me out. Good Trades.

Mark

Thanks for the help Walter

I'm new around here and to futures trading in general so I'll have to investigate these "false break" and "lazy" trade setups. Thanks again for helping me out. Good Trades.

Mark

welcome aboard Mark ¡¡ like any thing on this earth, time and dedication are a good way to success... remember any of this methods are by no means perfect and are not intended to be... but having certain practice and getting confortable with them you can eventually master them... hope you find usefull all the information on this site... cheers Walter.

Tomorrow I will be doing some flips and abc`s on ym... so I wanted to share some setups we had today and how this would be followed tomorrow..

I will be using a 22 t chart with the classic keltners and cci, will look like this :

attachment.php?attachmentid=4643&stc=1&d=1198807514

probably a video will be the best way to explain a little how this works... continue on next post... cheers Walter.

5aa70e2fb8c0b_ym22t.thumb.png.33f54203c5970af4edfa096627f6c0d1.png