Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Holding yourself accountable

I will see if I can get the Sharpe ratio implemented. Are there any other requests?

So far I have in mind are:

1. Daily, weekly, monthly P&L in terms of ticks

2. Trading goals (amount of $ or pts)

3. Win/loss ratio

4. Average net profit

5. Average net loss

6. Sharpe ratio

7. Max. Drawdown

8. Avg Weekly, Monthly Return

9. Annual rate of return

I will also need to implement a way to input round trip commision to use it in calculations.

In the initial Beta release, we may include only a few features. But would like to know what traders absolutely need. Thanks

I asume this will include the capacity of attaching charts ...

Oh yes. it will have a seperate feature where users can post charts of their trades. Members can also post notes on the charts while other members can put comments.

I like the idea of live trade calls to separate the men from the boys so you can publish your trades as you make them with no chance to edit or delete. They'd need to be time stamped to avoid any hindsight trades slipping in. That way you can't under-report or whitewash your bad trades and invent good trades that you never actually took.

I like the idea of live trade calls to separate the men from the boys so you can publish your trades as you make them with no chance to edit or delete. They'd need to be time stamped to avoid any hindsight trades slipping in. That way you can't under-report or whitewash your bad trades and invent good trades that you never actually took.

Thats going to be impossible to do unless I am able to integrate the TraderDNA system into ours. There is no way at the moment for me to get trades directly from brokerage accounts. I'll have to think of a way to add further credibility on their trade posts. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

I didn't mean directly from brokerage accounts. That's taking it too seriously. I just meant time stamping and not having the privilege to edit or delete your own trade posts. That way if you post your trades immediately after making them your trade posts will have more credibility.

Ah okay. Yes, Im sure I can implement that specifically for the column where initial entry and exit price needs to be inputted.

Would traders prefer a popup box for price entry and exit input? I figured this might be easier for those who want to keep track in real-time while trading.

Guest cooter
Ah okay. Yes, Im sure I can implement that specifically for the column where initial entry and exit price needs to be inputted.

Would traders prefer a popup box for price entry and exit input? I figured this might be easier for those who want to keep track in real-time while trading.

Yes- that's the perfect solution for real-time trade entry.

As long as I'm logged in, the pop-up box should remain active for on the fly input.

Since there's a 60 second window to edit/revise your posts before the "Edited by..." byline shows in the post, just remove the 30 min grace period thereafter and lock it down as needed.

notouch - great idea; however, some traders like myself are going to focus on our trading first and foremost, not worrying about posting to our TL space page in time so the trade is still considered legit. And if you are a scalper, good luck.

There is an element of trust here in order for this to work. Will some fabricate in order to feel good? Sure. But it won't take long to filter them out.

I like the idea of real-time posting, but unless James can hook his software into my DOM, I won't be participating in that part of the service. I suppose it's really all about how you trade. Some of my trades I literally have seconds to act. It's hard enough some times getting it into the dom in time, let alone making sure I post to TL. Now, if you are a S/R player, Pivot player, etc. yes, you have plenty of time to get your trades on. Scalpers and traders like myself that go with the current flow just don't have the luxury of doing our job and posting to TL in a way that we don't called liars or cheaters.

I think the key here is simple - whatever James puts together must be quick and easy as far as I am concerned. No matter what is designed, we will all use it at the beginning. The true test will be to see how many actively use it 3, 6, 12 mo's down the road. And I'll be the first to admit - I'm great at doing things initially when it's fun and exciting. As soon as it becomes a chore, I'll stop. So this needs to be very user friendly while serving a purpose.

For a scalper as me, its fisically imposible to post my trades on real time at TL... I think that the idea its to share what I am doing and how... if I lie to you it would be a very stupid thing to do, I would not capitalize on the experience and would loose my time... this proyect should also be easy and friendly to use otherwise if it takes to much work sooner or later the posters will get tired... would suggest making it very fiendly... cheers Walter.

Yes, I understand completely. One of the things I am working on at the moment is with TraderDNA. For those who choose to go down this path, you can simply upload your trades through excel (not too sure with the format). Basically TraderDNA has ties with most brokerages that will analyze your trades automatically without manual input. Even for a trader like myself, real-time input is rather hard. But traders can simply upload their trades into the TraderDNA system. TraderDNA will then spit out a chart of your analysis.

What I am trying to do is for members who use TraderDNA to upload their charts into one of the columns of the new bodyspace feature. This way it can make it extremely credible for those who use TraderDNA.

With TraderDNA integration, it may be difficult to offer this as a free service. I am still discussing this further with them. The biggest reason why I decided to work with them is that their analytical system is far more powerful than what I could come up with. Also I personally think what they provide is extremely fascinating and of tremendous value for traders.

Guest cooter
Yes, I understand completely. One of the things I am working on at the moment is with TraderDNA. For those who choose to go down this path, you can simply upload your trades through excel (not too sure with the format). Basically TraderDNA has ties with most brokerages that will analyze your trades automatically without manual input. Even for a trader like myself, real-time input is rather hard. But traders can simply upload their trades into the TraderDNA system. TraderDNA will then spit out a chart of your analysis.

What I am trying to do is for members who use TraderDNA to upload their charts into one of the columns of the new bodyspace feature. This way it can make it extremely credible for those who use TraderDNA.

With TraderDNA integration, it may be difficult to offer this as a free service. I am still discussing this further with them. The biggest reason why I decided to work with them is that their analytical system is far more powerful than what I could come up with. Also I personally think what they provide is extremely fascinating and of tremendous value for traders.

This would generally mean a one-business day delay in generating results, etc., but it would be more accurate than hand-generated ad hoc input on the fly.

If it'll keep everyone honest, and provide core values to readers and members alike, plus make the admin chore less of a burden, it seems to be worthwhile.

The TraderDNA portal should be integrated hopefully by this week.

Regarding the bodyspace system, it is being delayed at the moment. I had a coder working on the system but it has been extremely hard to communicate with him and I have cancelled the project with him to hire another coder.

The site design should be done early next week or so. The "Ask A Trading Doctor" forum should also be active by this week.

I will keep you all posted on the progress. We have a new logo as well. I have attached it so take a look and send me your feedbacks. Thanks! :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1620&stc=1&d=1180408151

5aa70dda9e7f2_TradersLaboratoryOfficialLogo.jpg.3feda9b2bf006e7fa30fc4efde4ea46b.jpg

You could hand them out at the first annual TL golf outing. :D

Just call me the idea man. :rolleyes:

How about the first one that makes 1 millon (extra) next year, pays a tour to Tokio to fellow premium members... we can stay at Hyatt and get to know Soul`s wonderfull country ¡¡ that would be nice ¡¡¡ I think we can eventually do it... cheers Walter.

Some sort of annual get together would be a neat idea if there was support behind it from the members. Someone would have to step up to organize it, but if the desire was there, could be a great idea. Not sure if there's enough members and/or interest now, but maybe an idea for the back burner.

James - any progress updates here on the ideas that we discussed?

Just wondering if we might see some of these ideas implemented or not. I am interested in posting some trading updates like I started to do a little in the smaller profits thread but if there's more coming on tap, that may be easier and cleaner.

Hi Brownsfan,

I would suggest you start those threads. The design is getting close to done now... we are having some issues with the database and trying to make it less server intensive. Regarding the bodyspace like portal, that is going to take alot more time than I expected. The reason being... I found one programmer for the job but he disappeared half way through the project. Now, I am looking for a different programmer but alot of them are unable to create this system. Once I get the design done, I will get to work on the portal.

These are some great stuff you're building james. I like the way where this forum is going, especially for premium traders. Lots of great ideas here, keep it up!