Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MichelGJulien

Bulls Were Completely Knocked Out of the Park

The highlight of the day was that bulls were completely massacred today. Normally, when there's a bloodbath like that it starts with London and then it goes on with New York, but often times to a lesser degree. Today was different in the sense that the massacre didn't start with London but with New York instead. Other than that, it was bears heaven all day long. Every time bulls tried to raise their head a little bit they were knocked out of the park all together. Price eventually went as low as 98.05 after the close of the pit, representing a $4 drop in 2 days.

attachment.php?attachmentid=37250&stc=1&d=1382485522

Today, the bears were in heaven. Will it be the bulls turn tomorrow?

The market opened at 99.68, i.e. within yesterday's range, but outside of the value area. We still had the same unfilled gap at 101.12 that we had yesterday but this level now looks in the stratosphere compared to where the price is at the moment. Initial balance was 65 ticks or 19% below its 10-day average. According to my stats the volatility was set to increase sometimes during the remainder of the session. And boy did it increase! My fear of a bull trap above 100 was founded finally but I really wasn't expecting that MUCH of a rejection after price briefly broke above it. From that moment on, price never stopped falling. To a point where I tweeted: "Next step below is 97.85 (don't think we get there today though)". We came within 20 ticks of that level. When crude oil is in liquidation mode, it really means business.

I took 3 trades today:

1. Long 100.00 at 9:55am, exit 100.00 at 9:58am for a breakeven trade.

1. Short 100.00 at 10:25am, exit 99.85 at 10:43am for a +15 ticks profit.

1. Long 98.96 at 11:47am, exit 99.21 at 12:01pm for a +25 ticks profit. Result: +40 ticks today

5aa712046a12a_BULLSKNOCKOUT.thumb.png.e68f8c4cc357dc9c9af8afbfa9cd0453.png